Iran threatens IsraelJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:12 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Iran will respond with its new indigenously built anti-radar ballistic missiles if Israel attacks the Islamic republic, the official media reported.
Iran will respond if Israel “ventures an attack” on the Islamic republic, the IRNA news agency quoted Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of aerospace unit of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), as saying Sunday.
Iran was at the final stage of producing its new anti-radar ballistic missiles that have a range of 300 km, he said.
These missiles can target any radar centres on land or sea with high accuracy and can destroy targets several times faster than the speed of sound, Hajizadeh said.
Speaking at a press conference here, Hajizadeh also announced that Iran will launch a three-day military exercise Monday in Sistan-Baluchestan province.
- US warships in Gulf 'sitting ducks' for Iran missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran building 'anti-terror' fence on Pakistan border - Apr 15, 2011
- Iran test fires anti-ship missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran launches air drill - Feb 21, 2012
- Iran to unveil 'advanced' cruise missile - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Russia to modernise 60 MiG-31 interceptors by 2020 - Jan 02, 2012
- Iran radars can detect drones: Commander - Oct 09, 2011
- West seeks Iran regime change: Putin - Feb 25, 2012
- Plot to kill Iranian president foiled in 2007: Tehran Times - May 14, 2012
- Iran test-fires ballistic missiles - Jul 03, 2012
- Iran to strike back if attacked - Feb 05, 2012
- Iran detains seven US troops - Sep 19, 2010
- 20 dead, 100 hurt in twin blasts in Iran - Jul 16, 2010
- Iran denies media report that it detained 7 U.S. soldiers - Sep 19, 2010
Tags: accuracy, aerospace, ali, ballistic missiles, iran threatens israel, irgc, irna news agency, islamic republic, islamic revolution, israel, military exercise, ria novosti, several times, sistan baluchestan, snb, targets, tehran