Iran, Syria to create new world order: AhmadinejadJanuary 7th, 2010 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 7 (DPA) Iran and Syria plan to create a new world order, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday.
“Iran and Syria have a joint mission to create a new world order on the basis of justice, humanity and belief in God,” Ahmadinejad told visiting Syrian Parliament Speaker Mahmoud al-Abrash.
Syria is Iran’s main ally in the Middle East and both countries consider Israel to be their political arch-foe.
“At the current juncture, the role of Iran and Syria is historic and therefore bilateral cooperation should be increased,” Mehr news agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.
The Iranian president said that the Tehran-Damascus front has neutralised the world powers’ policies in the Middle East and pushed them into a dead end.
He said the US would eventually be forced by the two states to stop interference in the region and withdraw its military personnel.
Mehr quoted the Syrian speaker as saying that Iran and Syria would side by side move towards continued resistance and fight against world imperialism.
- India, US to brainstorm on Syria, Iran - Aug 16, 2012
- Ahmadinejad invited to Saudi Arabia to discuss Syria - Aug 06, 2012
- Syria vows to 'overcome protests' within two months - Jun 27, 2011
- 'Annan to visit Iran for Syria talks' - Apr 05, 2012
- India, Iran cooperation can help regional peace: Ahmadinejad - Nov 07, 2011
- US, Israel responsible for Syrian insecurity: Iran - Jul 20, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- India bats for UN-led resolution of Syria crisis - Aug 14, 2012
- India listens in on Iran conference on Syria - Aug 09, 2012
- Iran says ready for defence cooperation with Egypt, Libya - Oct 30, 2011
- Patil arrives in Syria after ending visit to UAE - Nov 26, 2010
- Iran declines reports of arms supplies to Syria - Feb 26, 2012
- India, US discuss Syria, Iran, UN reforms - Aug 22, 2012
- Iran stresses support to Syria - Aug 27, 2012
- Israel's collapse achievable: Ahmadinejad - Aug 03, 2008
Tags: abrash, belief in god, bilateral cooperation, damascus, foe, imperialism, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, jan 7, juncture, mahmoud ahmadinejad, military personnel, move towards, new world order, news agency, parliament speaker, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, syrian parliament, tehran, two states