Iran summons Swiss envoy over US drone incidentDecember 9th, 2011 - 10:47 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Dec 9 (IANS) The Iranian foreign ministry has summoned the Swiss ambassador to Tehran, who represents US interests in Iran, to protest the “violation” of its airspace by a US drone, state media reported.
The ministry summoned Livia Leu Agosti Thursday, Xinhua reported citing IRIB TV.
The Swiss embassy in Tehran represents US interests in the country since Tehran and Washington severed diplomatic relations in 1980.
Iran has denounced the growing US “provocative and secret moves” against the country, said the report.
“The move is in violation of all international conventions and runs counter to regional and international peace and security. Surely the responsibility for the illegal move lies with the US authorities,” said a statement from the ministry.
IRIB TV Thursday showed the footage of the US drone that crashed a few days ago.
- Iran blames CIA for Iranian nuclear official's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- Iran begins trial of Amricans held for spying - Feb 06, 2011
- Iran summons Swiss diplomat over US assassination charge - Oct 12, 2011
- Iran summons Swiss envoy over abductions in Syria - Aug 07, 2012
- Iran urges neighbours to prevent their airspace's misuse - Dec 16, 2011
- Iran demands apology from US - Oct 31, 2011
- Iran to decide downed US drone's fate - Dec 18, 2011
- Iranians protest anti-Islam movie - Sep 13, 2012
- 'Abducted' Iranian scientist heads home - Jul 14, 2010
- Ayatollah Khamenei blames US, Israel for anti-Islam movie - Sep 14, 2012
- Swiss envoy summoned over US 'abduction' of Iranian scientist - Jun 09, 2010
- Iran hangs assassin of nuclear physicist - May 15, 2012
- All British embassy staff leave Iran: Report - Nov 30, 2011
- Iran to help Zimbabwe raise defence strength - Mar 11, 2012
- Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Iran media reports - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: airspace, authorities, diplomatic relations, drone state, few days, illegal move, international conventions, international peace, iran, iranian foreign ministry, irib tv, leu, secret moves, summons, swiss ambassador, swiss embassy, tehran, xinhua