Iran summons freed US woman for trialFebruary 1st, 2011 - 9:32 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 1 (IANS) An American woman, who was arrested in Iran on charges of spying and later freed on bail, has been summoned by an Iranian court for trial, the IRNA news agency reported.US hiker Sarah Shourd and her two friends - Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer - were arrested in July 2009 for illegally entering Iran.
Shourd was released on bail of around $500,000 last year due to her failing health, while Fattal and Bauer remain jailed in Tehran.
She has been summoned by the Islamic Revolutionary Court to attend a trial session scheduled Feb 6, judiciary spokesman General Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei said.
The three have been charged with espionage.
Mohseni-Ejei had said in November last year that Iran would put Fattal and Bauer on trial after Shourd was brought back to the country.
- Iran summons freed U.S. hiker Sara Shourd for trial - Feb 01, 2011
- Freed American female hiker summoned to Iran to stand trial over spying charges - Feb 01, 2011
- Iran sentences US hikers to eight years in jail - Aug 21, 2011
- Iran arrests 19 for bank fraud - Sep 20, 2011
- Jailed Americans in Iran get 20 days to appeal (Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- US hikers freed by Iran arrive in New York - Sep 26, 2011
- Iran frees two US hikers - Sep 21, 2011
- Iranian minister calls for trial of American hikers accused of espionage - Oct 17, 2010
- Iran to release detained US hikers - Sep 13, 2011
- Iran central bank deputy head held for embezzlement - Oct 30, 2011
- U.S. hikers' trial in Iran delayed - Nov 07, 2010
- Iran overturns death sentence for CIA 'spy' - Mar 06, 2012
- Iranian foreign minister hopes for release of US hikers - Aug 07, 2011
- Iran spied upon from centres in neighbouring countries: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran approves release of U.S. citizens convicted of spying - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: american woman, espionage, fattal, gholam, Health Science, hossein, iran, iranian court, irna news agency, judiciary, mohseni, revolutionary court, shane bauer, shourd, spokesman, summons, tehran, trial session, two friends