Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Iran media reportsJuly 1st, 2012 - 10:13 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 1 (IANS) Iran summoned the Afghan charge d’affaires in the country to protest recent Afghan media reports that said Tehran was showing ill treatment to illegal Afghan refugees, Press TV reported.
Afghan envoy Shah Mardanqol was summoned to the Iranian foreign ministry to receive Iran’s official protest against the “media hype” as well as against the murder of a young Iranian girl by an Afghan refugee in the central province of Yazd.
The foreign ministry’s official in charge of Afghan affairs, Mohsen Pak-Ayin, condemned the murder of the young Iranian girl and said Afghan refugees in Iran need to abide by the law, Xinhua reported.
Pak-Ayin also criticised the remarks by some Afghans over Iran’s judicial measures against such crimes.
Press TV said the Afghan official expressed regret over the incidents.
- Iran summons Swiss envoy over abductions in Syria - Aug 07, 2012
- Iran summons Swiss diplomat over US assassination charge - Oct 12, 2011
- Italy decides to recall its ambassador to Tehran - Dec 02, 2011
- Iran considers closing British embassy to protest violence - Aug 11, 2011
- 'Abducted' Iranian scientist heads home - Jul 14, 2010
- Iran summons Swiss envoy over US drone incident - Dec 09, 2011
- Canada's suspension of ties 'hostile' measure: Iran - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran sentences 13 for spying for Israel: TV - May 14, 2012
- Iran passes bill to reduce ties with Britain - Nov 27, 2011
- All British embassy staff leave Iran: Report - Nov 30, 2011
- Iran condemns foreign intervention in Syria - Oct 05, 2011
- Iran urges neighbours to prevent their airspace's misuse - Dec 16, 2011
- Iranians protest anti-Islam movie - Sep 13, 2012
- Iran blames CIA for Iranian nuclear official's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- CIA spy arrested in Iran? - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: afghan media, afghan refugees, afghans, ayin, central province, crimes, ill treatment, iran media, iranian foreign ministry, iranian girl, judicial measures, july 1, media hype, refugee, summons, tehran, xinhua