Iran starts aerial war gameNovember 19th, 2011 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Nov 18 (IANS) Iran started on Friday the initial stage of an aerial war game in eastern part of the country, Xinhua reported citing the local Mehr news agency.
At the initial stage, Iran is focusing on offensive tactics, the public relations office of the Khatam al-Anbia Air Defence Base was quoted as saying.
Domestically manufactured missile, radar, and defence systems will be tested during the military manoeuvres, the report said without further elaboration.
In September, Iran staged the large-scale air drill in northwest of the country which lasted for 10 days.
- Israel, US call off joint military drill - Jan 16, 2012
- Iran unveils surface-to-air missile - Sep 05, 2011
- Iran to unveil 'advanced' cruise missile - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran launches air drill - Feb 21, 2012
- Indian Army to hold summer exercise in Rajasthan desert - Feb 26, 2012
- Iran radars can detect drones: Commander - Oct 09, 2011
- Iranian troops begin military drill - Jan 08, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran tests artillery firepower in navy drills - Dec 31, 2011
- Iran launches biggest air defence drill - Nov 16, 2010
- Iran to hold missile drill - Jul 02, 2012
- Iran test-fires 300 km-range missile - Aug 04, 2012
- Iran to put captured foreign drones on display - Dec 18, 2011
- Iran's IRGC begins new military drill (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran to conduct cyber-security manoeuvre - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: aerial war, air defence, defence systems, elaboration, initial stage, iran, khatam, large scale, mehr news agency, military manoeuvres, missile, northwest, offensive tactics, public relations office, radar, tehran, war game, xinhua