Iran sentences 13 for spying for Israel: TVMay 14th, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, May 13 (IANS) An Iranian court has sentenced 13 people found guilty of spying for Israeli intelligence agency Mossad, Press TV reported Sunday.
Branch 15 of Tehran’s Revolution Court delivered the verdicts Sunday, stating that the convicts had been lured into spying for the Mossad by overseas-based satellite television networks and clever advertisement campaigns, the report said without details on the verdicts, Xinhua reported.
The convicts have 20 days to appeal against the verdicts, the semi-official Mehr news agency said, adding that the details of the verdicts will be announced after confirmation by the appeals court.
On April 17, the Iranian intelligence ministry announced that it had arrested 15 Israel-linked “spies” and “terrorists”.
The ministry said in a statement that in the operations by Iranian intelligence forces, 15 people, both Iranians and foreigners who were linked to an Israeli spy cell, had been detained.
Iran has accused Israel of carrying out intelligence work inside the Islamic republic and even of being involved in killings of Iranian nuclear scientists.
Israel and the West suspect Iran’s nuclear programme and accuse Iran of conducting weapon-grade activities under the guise of civilian nuclear programme. Iran denies the charges, saying that its nuclear activities are “peaceful”.
- Iran hangs assassin of nuclear physicist - May 15, 2012
- Iran dismantles US-linked spy network, arrests 30 CIA agents - May 22, 2011
- Iran busts terror cell linked to Israel - Apr 10, 2012
- Iran spied upon from centres in neighbouring countries: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- Israel leaders misleading public on Iran: Ex-security chief - Apr 28, 2012
- CIA spy arrested in Iran? - Dec 17, 2011
- "Israeli linked" spy, terrorist network arrested by Iran - Jan 11, 2011
- 22 Azerbaijanis suspected of spying for Iran held - Mar 15, 2012
- Gang linked to Iran n-scientists killings held - May 06, 2012
- Mossad agents brought down Israel's Internet network two years ago - Dec 28, 2010
- Man gets death for killing Iranian N-scientist - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Iran foiled many bids to assassinate scientists' - Jul 15, 2012
- Iran can produce n-fuel for vessels, submarines: Official - Jul 23, 2012
- Iran overturns death sentence for CIA 'spy' - Mar 06, 2012
- Iran vows to react swiftly to any Israeli attack - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: advertisement campaigns, appeals court, clever advertisement, convicts, intelligence forces, intelligence ministry, intelligence work, iranian court, iranian intelligence, iranians, israel tv, israeli intelligence agency, israeli spy, mossad, nuclear activities, nuclear scientists, satellite television, semi official, television networks, xinhua