Iran ready to export n-servicesJanuary 8th, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 8 (IANS) The head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation has said the country is ready to export services related to nuclear energy to other countries, Press TV reported.Fereidoon Abbasi made the remarks on the sidelines of an exhibition’s inauguration ceremony of the country’s nuclear achievements in the southern port city of Bandar Abbas Saturday, Xinhua reported.
Iran can now produce heavy water (deuterium oxide), which is very useful for medical applications, said Abbasi said.
With the recently unveiled third-generation centrifuges, which perform much faster than the previous models and can considerably accelerate the enrichment process, the country can enrich uranium at the level of 20 percent, he added.
Last week, local media reported, scientists and researchers of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation succeeded in producing and testing the first sample of nuclear fuel rod “successfully.”
After all the preliminary tests, including the physical and dimensional tests, were conducted successfully, the nuclear fuel bar was fed into the core of Tehran Research Reactor to further study the performance of the produced sample, said the reports.
Iran said Tehran Research Reactor uses the nuclear fuel bar to produce medicines for cancer treatments.
- Iran unveils latest nuclear achievements (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran starts uranium enrichment at new n-plant - Jan 09, 2012
- Tests conducted on Iran's n-plant turbines - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Iran will not stop high-grade uranium enrichment' - Apr 09, 2012
- Iran ready to cooperate with countries to build n-plants - Aug 23, 2012
- Iran n-plant supplies 940 MW electricity - Apr 30, 2012
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran has produced 17 kg of 20 percent enriched uranium: Official - Jun 23, 2010
- Iran can produce n-fuel for vessels, submarines: Official - Jul 23, 2012
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran to speed up uranium enrichment - Jun 13, 2011
- Iran announces plan for new nuclear reactors - Apr 13, 2011
- Iran uses new machines to enrich uranium: IAEA - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: abbasi, atomic energy, bandar abbas, cancer treatments, centrifuges, deuterium oxide, fuel rod, heavy water deuterium, inauguration ceremony, local media, medical applications, medicines, nuclear energy, nuclear fuel, research reactor, sidelines, tehran, third generation, uranium, xinhua