Iran pledges to fully cooperate with IAEAFebruary 7th, 2009 - 3:29 am ICT by IANS
Berlin, Feb 7 (IANS) Iran has reiterated that it will continue cooperating with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in resolving the country’s nuclear controversy, the official IRNA news agency reported Friday.”The bilateral coperation between Iran and the UN nuclear watchdog will proceed based on earlier agreed modalities,” Iran’s parliament speaker Ali Larijani said after meeting with the IAEA chief, Mohammad ElBaradei, on the sidelines of the 45th Munich Security Conference.
The Iranian official, who described the talks with ElBaradei as constructive, said: “Based on Tehran’s constructive cooperation with the UN nuclear agency, the IAEA could reaffirm Iran’s right to have nuclear technology.”
For his part, ElBaradei emphasised that continued talks with Tehran could be very useful.
He expressed hope that a political dialogue could ultimately settle the Iranian nuclear standoff.
Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki has repeatedly stated his country’s continued “serious and sincere cooperation” with the IAEA.
Iran is under pressure from the international community over its nuclear programme, which the Islamic country says is of peaceful purpose and meant for generating electricity.
But the Western countries, especially the US, fear that Iran is intended to produce nuclear bomb under the pretext of its peaceful nuclear programme.
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- World powers urge Iran to reconsider nuclear deal - Nov 20, 2009
- Iran warns IAEA against using 'language of force' - Nov 27, 2009
- Iranian lawmakers call for review of cooperation with IAEA - Nov 14, 2011
- Iran's cooperation with IAEA sincere, serious: Mottaki - Sep 14, 2008
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
- IAEA chief secretly dealing with Iran to end nuclear sanctions - Nov 17, 2009
- Iran allows IAEA to inspect new enrichment site - Apr 25, 2010
- Nuclear talks held up by Iran's rejection of France - Oct 20, 2009
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran uses new machines to enrich uranium: IAEA - Aug 10, 2010
- El-Baradei was 'too soft on Tehran', says WikiLeaks cable - Feb 10, 2011
- India votes against Iran nuclear program, Pakistan abstains - Nov 27, 2009
- Iran discusses nuclear issue with IAEA - Apr 26, 2010
- Iran should answer questions raised by IAEA: Clinton - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: ali larijani, atomic energy agency, constructive cooperation, coperation, generating electricity, iaea iran, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iranian foreign minister, iranian foreign minister manouchehr mottaki, islamic country, mohammad elbaradei, nuclear agency, nuclear bomb, nuclear controversy, nuclear standoff, parliament speaker, peaceful purpose, political dialogue