Iran needs 200 billion dollars investments for oil and gas projectsMay 16th, 2009 - 10:51 am ICT by ANI
Nicosia, May 16 (ANI): Iranian First Vice President Parviz Davoudi has said that his country will need investments amounting to 200 billion dollars in its oil and gas sectors over the next five years, while total investments in the coming decade will total 500 billion dollars.
Speaking to a group of businessmen in Tanzania, Davoudi said that Iran’s political and economic stability has turned the country into an ideal destination for foreign investors.
He stressed that Iran is one of the most stable countries in the Middle East.The Iranian Vice-President has recently focused his attention to attracting foreign investments in Iran’s oil and gas industries in visits to a number of countries including China.
Speaking in China’s Hainan Province, Davoudi said that improving energy cooperation with China was one of Iran’s priorities, adding that the country’s huge oil and gas reserves would create great investment opportunities for Chinese firms.
China is already one of Iran’s major trade partners, while the trade volume between the two countries is estimated at 24 billion dollars. Iran currently provides 13 per cent of China’s oil needs and is a major supplier of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to China.
In the latest energy deal between the two countries, a consortium of three Chinese companies and the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) signed a 3.3 billion dollars deal in March to produce LNG in the Iranian South Pars gas field.
In January, the NIOC and China’s National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) signed a 1.7 billon dollars deal for the development of Iran’s North Azadegan oil field, which has estimated reserves of six billion barrels of oil.
In 2007, Iran signed a 2 billion dollars deal with China’s Sinopec to develop the Yadavaran oilfield. (ANI)
- Chinese firm to buy Canadian energy company - Oct 10, 2011
- China, Iran sign oil deal - Jan 15, 2009
- Chinese firm terminates six overseas projects - Aug 22, 2011
- Afghanistan, China sign ink oil pact - Dec 28, 2011
- Ukraine firm to invest $1 bn in Iranian oil fields - Dec 26, 2011
- Afghanistan and China sign multi-billion oil development deal - Dec 29, 2011
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Iran warns foreign firms over delays in South Pars gas field developments - Apr 11, 2009
- Chinese oil firm to build schools in Myanmar - Oct 03, 2011
- Chinese firm to drill oil fields in Persian Gulf - Mar 07, 2010
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Iran threatens to cut oil exports to more countries - Feb 21, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- India to step up oil, gas imports from Africa - Dec 09, 2011
- IPI gas pipeline project can be finalised through cooperation: Pranab - Nov 01, 2008
Tags: azadegan oil field, chinese firms, cooperation with china, countries in the middle east, energy cooperation, energy deal, foreign investments, gas lng, gas projects, gas sectors, hainan province, improving energy, iranian oil company, liquefied natural gas, national iranian oil, national iranian oil company, national petroleum, petroleum corp, south pars, stable countries