Iran mulling oil refineries in AfricaSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Sep 3 (IANS) Iranian Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi has said the country is considering the construction of small oil refineries in some African countries, local media reported Monday.
Qasemi said that, on the sidelines of the 16th Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit just concluded in Tehran, he negotiated with oil buyers, mainly from India, and from African and Central Asian states, on Iran’s oil export conditions in the future, reported Xinhua, citing the Tehran Times daily.
He added that exports of domestically-made oil equipment as well as exports of technical and engineering services were also discussed with the oil buyers.
The NAM summit was held in Tehran on Aug 26-31 with the theme of “Lasting Peace through Joint Global Governance”.
- Iran to stop Europe oil exports - Feb 04, 2012
- 'EU ban to cause hefty economic loss to Europeans' - Jan 31, 2012
- Iran warns of oil price hike - Sep 03, 2012
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- Iranian, Egyptian presidents discuss NAM objectives, region - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Iran to stop oil exports to some EU members soon' - Jan 30, 2012
- Iran ready to expand ties with North Korea - Aug 28, 2012
- Iranian president calls up Manmohan Singh - May 18, 2012
- Iran-Russia ties key to 'regional, global peace' - Sep 02, 2012
- India revives NAM tune amid Iranian PR hoopla - Sep 06, 2012
- Expert-level NAM meeting kicks off in Tehran - Aug 26, 2012
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- IAEA report on Parchin void of technical significance: Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- Amid Western pressure, India, Iran seek closer economic ties (Roundup) - May 31, 2012
Tags: africa, african countries, asian states, engineering services, global governance, India, iran, iranian oil, lasting peace, local media, nam summit, non aligned movement, oil equipment, oil export, oil minister, oil refineries, rostam, sidelines, tehran times, xinhua