Iran issues diplomatic note for ‘US abducted’ nuke scientistJune 11th, 2010 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 11 (ANI): Iran has issued a diplomatic note to the Swiss Embassy in Tehran regarding its missing nuclear scientist Shahram Amiri, who it alleges has been abducted by the U.S.
U.S. State Department spokesman P.J. Gowley told ABC News: “They allege in the note that we have him (Shahram Amiri) and they want him back, we will respond to the diplomatic note”.
The topic of Amiri came up during what Crowley says was a previously scheduled meeting yesterday between the Swiss ambassador and Iran’s foreign ministry.
It is to be noted that Amiri has been the centre of mystery since his disappearance and the subsequent release of two contradictory YouTube videos, one showing him abducted while the other quoting him to be happy in the U.S.
ABC News said in a report that he had defected to the U.S. and was providing information about Iran’s nuclear program. (ANI)
- Iranian n-scientist 'takes refuge' at Pakistan embassy - Jul 13, 2010
- Iranian Nuclear Scientist Case: Contradictory videos crating confusion - Jun 09, 2010
- Iran blames CIA for its nuclear scientist's abduction - Jul 05, 2010
- Iranian scientist 'tortured' on suspicion of leaking Tehran information to CIA - Jan 05, 2011
- CIA claims it brought Iranian scientist Amiri to US over security concerns - Jul 17, 2010
- 'Abducted' Iranian scientist heads home - Jul 14, 2010
- Swiss envoy summoned over US 'abduction' of Iranian scientist - Jun 09, 2010
- Iran says "abducted" scholar is not a nuke scientist - Jul 15, 2010
- 'Abducted' Iranian scientist back in Tehran - Jul 15, 2010
- US paid Iran nuke scientist 5 million dollars for aid to CIA - Jul 15, 2010
- Iran's N-scientist defected to CIA: Report - Apr 01, 2010
- Iran scientist Shahram Amiri free to leave, US insists - Jul 14, 2010
- CIA paid Iranian scientist $5 mn: Report (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Iranian nuke scientist defects to US - Mar 31, 2010
- Iranian nuclear scientist suspected to be CIA agent - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: abc news, abducted, crowley, diplomatic note, disappearance, foreign ministry, iran, mystery, nuclear program, nuclear scientist, state department spokesman, swiss ambassador, swiss embassy, tehran, youtube videos