Iran has not produced atomic bombs, asserts IAEAFebruary 15th, 2009 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Algiers, Feb 15 (IANS) The head of the UN atomic energy watchdog IAEA said Iran has not produced any atomic bombs although it has the capability of making one, IRNA reported.
Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) ElBaradei made the remarks while addressing a seminar at the Cairo American University.
On rumours regarding attack on Iran’s nuclear installations, he said: “If one Iranian nuclear power plant is destroyed, they (the Iranians) will construct another power plant.”
As to the Islamic Republic’s increasing influence in the region, he stressed that the West cannot adopt the carrot and stick policy towards that (Iran) country.
ElBaradei reiterated there are issues that should be solved through dialogue between all concerned parties, including the West and Arab states, according to the IRNA report Sunday.
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Egypt crisis: US sizing up ex-IAEA chief El-Baradei - Feb 01, 2011
- ElBaradei - a Nobel laureate in eye of Egypt's political storm - Jan 31, 2011
- IAEA to inspect new Iranian nuclear site Oct 25 - Oct 04, 2009
- India votes against Iran nuclear program, Pakistan abstains - Nov 27, 2009
- El-Baradei was 'too soft on Tehran', says WikiLeaks cable - Feb 10, 2011
- Iran warns IAEA against using 'language of force' - Nov 27, 2009
- Peer review needed for all nuke reactors: ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- Careful note taken of IAEA resolution on Iran, say official sources - Nov 27, 2009
- No secrecy in Iran's nuclear facility: President - Oct 03, 2009
- ElBaradei urges Mubarak to quit - Feb 01, 2011
- Russia seeks compromise on Iran sanctions - Mar 06, 2012
- Moscow urges Iran to respond to IAEA concerns - Feb 27, 2012
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: algiers, arab states, atomic bombs, atomic energy agency, cairo, capability, carrot, dialogue, director general, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iran country, iranians, irna, islamic republic, nuclear installations, nuclear power plant, watchdog