Iran expresses solidarity with PalestiniansDecember 28th, 2008 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Dec 28 (IANS) Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Sunday strongly condemned the Israeli airstrikes on Hamas targets across the Gaza Strip and expressed solidarity with the Palestinian people, the official IRNA news agency reported.Ahmadinejad during a telephonic talk with his Syrian counterpart called on all Muslim states to stand in support of the Palestinians against the Israeli attacks and cooperate to stop the killing, Khabar news network reported.
Parliament speaker Ali Larijani Sunday speaking on the floor of the house warned that Tel Aviv’s action would accelerate a second wave of Intifada (Revolution). The house interrupted its session to shout slogan condemning Israeli.
A rally expressing solidarity with the Palestinians was planned in Tehran Sunday while another protest rally was to march to the UN’s Iran office in the capital.
Ahmadinejad Saturday also called the leader of the Islamic Jihad Movement of Palestine Ramadan Abdullah and expressed his government’s support to the Palestinian cause.
“Iranians would always support the Palestinian resistance to Israeli occupation and stand by the people of Palestine,” the president said.
- Continue resistance against Israel, Iran's leader tells Hamas - Dec 16, 2009
- Ahmadinejad predicts failure of Mideast talks - Sep 03, 2010
- Abbas not to hold bilateral talks with Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Iranian leader calls on Arabs to stop 'Zionist wolves' - Dec 28, 2008
- Palestinians chastise Ahmadinejad over Mideast talks remarks - Sep 05, 2010
- Israel is cancerous tumour: Ahmadinejad - Aug 17, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Iran condems Israel Navy clashes onboard Gaza aid flotilla - State TV - May 31, 2010
- Defying US, India backs Palestine, reiterates ties with Iran - Sep 24, 2011
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Ahmadinejad promises Hamas continued support against Israel - Dec 14, 2009
- Iran asks world court to charge Israeli leaders with war crimes - Dec 30, 2008
- One protester dies in Iran clashes, opposition leader detained (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Thousands in Middle East protest Israeli attack on Gaza - Dec 28, 2008