Iran executes 29 convicted criminalsJuly 27th, 2008 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 27 (RIA Novosti) Iran executed 29 people convicted in cases of murder, armed robbery, drug trafficking and other crimes, national television said Sunday. All the convicts were executed by hanging Sunday morning in Tehran’s Evin prison, the television said.
Iran holds the second place in the world after China in the number of executions but the Islamic republic rejects accusations by the West that it is violating human rights.
Last week, Iranian judicial authorities sentenced eight women and one man to death by stoning for adultery.
- Iran hangs dozens of drug peddlers - Jan 30, 2011
- 11 people hanged in Iran - May 27, 2011
- Iran executes militant group leader - Jun 20, 2010
- Jundullah chief Abdolmalek Rigi hanged in Iran - Jun 21, 2010
- Iranian woman could still be 'stoned to death' for adultery, murder, says Chief prosecutor - Sep 29, 2010
- Iran hangs four rapists - Oct 12, 2011
- Iran hangs murderer in public - Sep 21, 2011
- Iran hangs 11 convicted drug traffickers - Nov 25, 2011
- Four drug traffickers hanged in Iran - Jun 04, 2010
- Six convicted drug traffickers hanged in Iran - May 08, 2010
- Iranian woman, to be stoned to death, may get hanged - Dec 26, 2011
- Execution of Iranian woman for adultry on hold - Aug 30, 2010
- Iranian mother sentenced to death by stoning - Jul 01, 2010
- Iran pressurizes convicted woman to reveal campaigners names - Jul 22, 2010
- Iran's 'stoning to death' woman brought out for dinner with children following son's appeal - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: accusations, adultery, armed robbery, china, convicts, crimes, criminals, death by stoning, drug trafficking, evin prison, executions, human rights, iran, islamic republic, judicial authorities, national television, ria novosti, sunday morning, tehran