Iran digging ‘mass graves’ for US soldiers anticipating possible war over nuke programmeAugust 11th, 2010 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
Tehran, Aug 11 (ANI): The Iranian Revolutionary Guard is digging mass graves for American soldiers in anticipation of a war over its nuclear programme.
The Telegraph quoted General Hossein Moghadam, the Guard’s former deputy chief, as saying that ‘mass graves’ are being dug close to the site of 1980-Iran-Iraq war.
“The mass graves that were used for burying Saddam’s soldiers have now been prepared again for US soldiers,” he added.
In June this year, United Nations Security Council imposed a fourth round of sanctions on Iran over its uranium enrichment programme.
The U.S. and some of its allies accuse Iran of using its civilian nuclear development as a cover to build nuclear weapons. Iran has denied the charges, saying its nuclear development is geared merely toward generating electricity,
Last week Admiral Mike Mullen, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee kept up President Barack Obama’s double-handed approach, saying that he had prepared an attack plan focusing on Iran’s nuclear plants, though he added that he was unwilling to use it.
Meanwhile, Iran has sought to upgrade its air defense systems and naval power, saying any possible future attacks against Iran would be air and sea-based.
Gen Moghadam further said that if the US decides on pre-emptive action and attacks Iran, the latter would have no choice but to strike the American bases in the region.
“The heavy costs of such a war will not be just on the Islamic Republic of Iran. America and other countries should accept that this would be the start of an extensive war in the region,” he added. (ANI)
- No military component in Iran's nuclear programme: Russia - Dec 10, 2011
- Iran says that it has placed 150,000 missiles towards Israel - Nov 28, 2011
- US to ask Israel to let sanctions affect Iran - Mar 04, 2012
- 'India declined to sell nuclear technology to Iran, Iraq and Libya' - May 30, 2012
- Iran seeking to build nuclear weapon: Cameron - Mar 07, 2012
- US, Britain planning to attack Iran: Report - Nov 03, 2011
- US was high on military before Iraq invasion: Hans Blix - Jul 28, 2010
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- April talks last chance for Iran to avoid US attack - Mar 14, 2012
- Iran launches air drill - Feb 21, 2012
- Iran threatens to retaliate against any US attack - Aug 02, 2010
- Israel to test next-generation missile defense system - Mar 02, 2012
- Iran prepares to strike back if attacked (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Russia warns against unilateral sanctions on Iran - Jun 14, 2012
- Israeli minister denies plans to strike Iran - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: admiral mike mullen, barack obama, chiefs of staff, enrichment programme, generating electricity, iran iraq war, iranian revolutionary guard, islamic republic of iran, joint chiefs of staff, mass graves, nations security council, nuclear development, nuclear plants, nuclear weapons, nuke programme, republic of iran, sanctions on iran, staff committee, united nations security, united nations security council