Iran deplores violation of minority rights by WestSeptember 27th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 27 (IANS) Iran’s Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki Saturday deplored violation of minority rights by the Western governments, IRNA news agency reported. Addressing foreign ministers’ meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC), he regretted that Muslims throughout the globe are facing anti-Islamic moves.
Condemning sacrilege of Islamic sanctities, the Iranian foreign minister stressed that such moves are aimed at distorting the fact that Islam is the religion of patience, peace and love, the report said.
Mottaki regretted that the Zionist atrocities still continue in Palestine and the legitimate rights of the oppressed are violated by the Tel Aviv regime.
Voicing support of the OIC for the Palestinian rights, he called for greater efforts by the body to make the Zionist regime end its occupation of the Palestinian territories.
The Islamic Republic of Iran has prepared a plan for holding a referendum in Palestine and the occupied territories to put an end to 60 years of occupation (by Israel), which is to be presented to the OIC Secretary-General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu soon, the report said.
- UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims - Jul 14, 2012
- Clinton meets head of OIC - Feb 16, 2010
- Saudi Islamic summit to discuss Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- Avoid civilian casualties in Libya: OIC - Mar 24, 2011
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- Iran says Israel behind Quran burning plan - Sep 09, 2010
- OIC condemns Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Ahmadinejad predicts failure of Mideast talks - Sep 03, 2010
- Iranian foreign minister sacked - Dec 13, 2010
- Muslim states vow one billion dollar aid to flood-hit Pakistan - Aug 30, 2010
- India summons Iran envoy to protest Kashmir remarks (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Iran summons Swiss envoy over ban on minarets - Dec 06, 2009
- Bullying powers no longer effective: Iran - Jun 26, 2010
- Iran's supreme leader backs Kashmir 'struggle' (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: iranian foreign minister, islamic republic of iran, manouchehr mottaki, oic secretary general, organisation of islamic conference, palestinian rights, republic of iran, western governments, york sep, zionist regime