Iran demands $4 bn from Russia over cancelled missile dealJuly 6th, 2012 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Iran has filed a $4 billion law suit against Russia’s state arms corporation Rosoboronexport in an international court in Geneva over a missile deal that Russia suspended.
Rosoboronexport said the law suit was filed by the Iranian defence ministry and the Aerospace Industries Organization.
“The case was started April 13, 2011. The subject of the case is ‘Possible damages of $3,985,159,773.32 to fulfil obligations for delivery of special property’,” the Russian organisation said in reference to ongoing legal case.
The case has not yet been heard by the court.
In June 2010, the UN Security Council passed a resolution imposing sanctions on Iran, including suspension of arms deliveries.
Russia responded by saying it would cancel a contract to deliver S-300 missiles to Iran, and subsequently returned a $166.8 million deposit.
Iran previously applied to the International Court of Justice to try to force Russia to fulfil the terms of a 2007 contract to deliver S-300 air defence missile systems or pay compensation.
- Russia to continue arms supplies to Syria - Jun 13, 2012
- Russia signs $35 mn missile deal with Malaysia - Apr 20, 2012
- Iran says still puzzled over scrapped arms deal with Russia - Oct 11, 2011
- Russia denies selling S-300 air defence systems to Azerbaijan - Jul 29, 2010
- Exclude Russia from arms show: Human Rights Watch to France - Jun 10, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Iran to build new missile, seaplane - Jul 26, 2012
- Russia may sell helicopters to Saudi Arabia - Nov 14, 2011
- Russia behind schedule on Indian frigates delivery - Jul 02, 2011
- Iran making progress on indigenous missile - Apr 18, 2012
- Russia to showcase its best combat aircraft in Dubai - Nov 12, 2011
- No S-400 missile exports before 2015: Russia - Feb 02, 2012
- Russia will counter US missile defence: Medvedev - Feb 22, 2012
- Russia, South Africa discussing joint weapons development - Sep 18, 2012
- Indian frigate sails for sea trials in Russia - May 24, 2012
Tags: aerospace industries, air defence, bn, court of justice, defence ministry, deliveries, fulfil, geneva, international court of justice, law suit, legal case, missile deal, missile systems, missiles, moscow, ria novosti, rosoboronexport, s 300, sanctions on iran, un security council