Iran begins ‘Holy Prophet 5′ war gamesApril 22nd, 2010 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 22 (IANS) Iran will test-fire a range of “home-built” missiles during its military exercises that kicked off Thursday in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, a media report said.
Code named “Holy Prophet 5″, the three-day war games will show the naval strength of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), IRNA news agency reported.
Various short range missiles will be fired during the military manoeuvres which are to be conducted in four stages. Ground, air and naval units of the IRGC will participate in the exercise aimed at preserving the security of the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz.
Meanwhile, the IRGC deputy commander has said Iran wants the world to know the importance of security of this region and its undeniable role in this regard.
“Peace and friendship, security, tranquility and mutual trust are the messages of this war game for neighbouring countries in the Persian Gulf region,” Brigadier Hossein Salami said.
- Iran's military exercise successful: Official - Apr 23, 2010
- Iran test-fires new missiles - Jan 01, 2012
- Iran to hold military exercise in Persian Gulf Thursday - Apr 22, 2010
- Iran test fires more missiles - Jan 02, 2012
- Iran prepares to strike back if attacked (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Iranian troops begin military drill - Jan 08, 2012
- Iran building its second naval destroyer - Dec 26, 2011
- Iran tests artillery firepower in navy drills - Dec 31, 2011
- Iran to fire homemade missiles during navy drills - Dec 31, 2011
- Iran to hold war games - Dec 14, 2011
- Iran test fires anti-ship missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran to hold biggest naval war games - Jan 06, 2012
- Iran test fires surface-to-sea missiles - Jul 06, 2011
- Iran's IRGC begins new military drill (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- US warships in Gulf 'sitting ducks' for Iran missiles - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: brigadier, deputy commander, holy prophet, hossein, importance of security, irgc, irna news agency, islamic revolution, military exercises, military manoeuvres, mutual trust, naval strength, neighbouring countries, persian gulf region, range missiles, salami, strait of hormuz, undeniable role, war game, war games