Iran arrests ‘nuclear spies’October 3rd, 2010 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 3 (IANS) Iran has arrested several “spies” who were involved in an attempt to sabotage the country’s nuclear programme, said Iranian intelligence minister Heydar Moslehi.
The arrest followed an attack on Iran’s industrial computer network by a software bug Stuxnet that targeted Iranian nuclear facilities, including its main Bushehr power plant, British newspaper The Guardian reported Sunday.
Iran had discovered the “destructive activities of the arrogant (western powers) in cyberspace” and “different ways to confront them have been designed and implemented”, The Guardian quoted Moslehi as saying.
The Stuxnet attack infected more than 30,000 computers in Iran. Suspicions have also been growing in recent days that the Stuxnet worm may have been designed as much to spy on the systems as to destroy them.
The minister said: “I assure all citizens that the intelligence apparatus currently has complete supervision of cyberspace and will not allow any leak or destruction of our country’s nuclear activities.”
- Stuxnet worm 'nuclear spies' arrested, claims Iranian Minister Moslehi - Oct 03, 2010
- Iran to conduct cyber-security manoeuvre - Aug 22, 2011
- Iran reports arrests of 'several' US spies - Jan 09, 2012
- Israeli military admits to cyber-warfare - Jun 04, 2012
- Iran denies damage to nuke plant computers from Stuxnet cyber worm attack - Sep 28, 2010
- Cyber arms race could change the world around us (Comment) - Jun 27, 2012
- Stuxnet cyber worm can nix Iran's nuke program with just a rogue memory stick - Sep 23, 2010
- Iran to remove fuel from its first nuclear power plant - Feb 27, 2011
- Major setback for Iran's first N-plant: Report - Feb 26, 2011
- Iran informs IAEA inspectors of Bushehr nuke plant setback - Feb 26, 2011
- Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant to join national grid in April - Jan 29, 2011
- Iran claims being hit by second cyber attack - Apr 26, 2011
- Israel's Stuxnet Worm tests delay, not destroy Iran's nuke plans - Jan 16, 2011
- Iran's nuclear plant to begin production in April - Jan 29, 2011
- Stuxnet worm possibly targeted Iran's nuke programme to enrich uranium gas: Study - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,