Iran arrests female bomber ‘linked to Israel’, says TV reportMay 3rd, 2009 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, May 3 (Xinhua) A woman allegedly involved in several cases of failed bombing attempts in the Iranian capital has been arrested, Press TV reported Sunday.
The woman was captured in northern part of Tehran while she was trying to park an explosives laden car, the report said citing officials.
The officials, however, did not reveal the identity of the woman or the time of her capture.
Iran’s Intelligence Minister Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejeie said earlier that the security forces have busted a terrorist network in the country linked to Israel.
The terrorists “linked to Zionist elements (linked to Israel)” were planning to carry out bombings in Tehran ahead of the presidential elections June 12 to cause disorder and insecurity, Ejeie said.
- Iran central bank deputy head held for embezzlement - Oct 30, 2011
- Iran arrests 19 for bank fraud - Sep 20, 2011
- Iran summons freed US woman for trial - Feb 01, 2011
- One protester dies in Iran clashes, opposition leader detained (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Iran overturns death sentence for CIA 'spy' - Mar 06, 2012
- 31 held in Iran for embezzlement - Oct 26, 2011
- Iran busts terror cell linked to Israel - Apr 10, 2012
- "Israel plotted Ahmadinejad killing", claims Teheran's intelligence chief - Jul 18, 2009
- Iranian 'death by stoning' woman's son reported missing - Oct 13, 2010
- Iranian woman could still be 'stoned to death' for adultery, murder, says Chief prosecutor - Sep 29, 2010
- Iran arrests suspects over n-scientists' murders - Jun 15, 2012
- Iran says German reporters are linked to "anti-evolutionary" network - Oct 12, 2010
- Iran envoy blames Israel for Bangkok bombings - Feb 19, 2012
- 'US, Israel behind Iran's post-election fiasco' - Jun 29, 2009
- Iran summons freed U.S. hiker Sara Shourd for trial - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: attempts, bombings, elements, explosives, gholam, hossein, insecurity, intelligence minister, iran, iranian capital, israel, mohseni, presidential elections, security forces, tehran, terrorist network, terrorists, tv report, xinhua