Iran and Ecuador to strengthen tiesDecember 7th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Dec 7 (IANS) Iran and Ecuador will open embassies in each other’s country in January to consolidate diplomatic ties, official IRNA news agency reported Sunday.This was announced by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his visiting Ecuadoran counterpart Rafael Correa during a joint press conference Saturday following their meeting here.
During their talks the two presidents agreed to establish cooperation in various fields like energy, industry, banking, investments and tourism.
The Ecuadoran president arrived Friday night in Tehran on his first state visit to the Islamic state.
Ahmadinejad said that “although the two countries began their relations only a short while ago, Iran is interested in expanding those ties in every respect.”
Bilateral cooperation between Iran and Ecuador will be in the interest of the two countries, Ahmadinejad said.
- Iranian president embarks on Latin American tour (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Lok Sabha speaker to to visit Iran - Oct 30, 2011
- Ahmadinejad wishes to visit London for Olympics - May 18, 2012
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- India, Iran cooperation can help regional peace: Ahmadinejad - Nov 07, 2011
- Iran launches Spanish language TV channel - Feb 01, 2012
- India, Iran play lead part in global ties: Ahmadinejad (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Ahmadinejad wants better India ties, warns of global collapse - Mar 10, 2011
- Amid Western pressure, India, Iran seek closer economic ties (Roundup) - May 31, 2012
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
- Iranians not after weapons, favour culture: Ahmadinejad - Nov 13, 2011
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- Iran hails Iraq's 'growing influence' - Apr 24, 2012
- Iranian cleric warns against UN, EU support to Britain - Dec 03, 2011
- Chinese president meets Ahmadinejad - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: banking investments, bilateral cooperation, diplomatic ties, ecuadoran, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, islamic state, mahmoud ahmadinejad, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, rafael correa