Internet ‘teaching young girls new sex acts’ warns psychologistNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:28 am ICT by admin
“Girls have new sexual practices. We’ve found that when they view that stuff they feel compelled to copy it,” theage.com.au quoted Dr Carr-Gregg, as saying.
“It’s causing young women to do things they wouldn’t have done but because it’s online they think it’s normal. We are talking about girls who have just come into puberty,” he added.
He cited a survey on cyber-bullying run through Girlfriend magazine, according to which 41 per cent had been asked to post a naked or semi-naked picture of themselves on the internet.
Calling the trend illegal, Dr Carr-Gregg said that such activities promoted, manufactured and distributed child pornography.
“That’s incredibly high, and it’s against the law. If you take a picture and send it, you are manufacturing and distributing child pornography,” he said.
“Kids don’t understand the seriousness of what they are doing, or that whenever they send something to cyberspace, it can’t be taken back,” he added. (ANI)
- Child psychologist calls for ban on Bonds bra for 8-year-olds - Jun 20, 2010
- US woman jailed for abusing daughter, 2, on web-cam as teen watched in UK - Mar 16, 2011
- Scottish schoolgirls forced into net porn by boyfriends - Mar 08, 2011
- Police urge teens to remove profile pictures from Facebook - May 17, 2010
- Houston school teacher who watched child porn in class sentenced to 7 years in prison - Apr 01, 2010
- New Zealand opposes bra for six-year-olds - Oct 01, 2010
- Concerns about teen 'sexting' overblown: Researchers - Dec 05, 2011
- Oz underwear giant criticised for selling bras for six-year-olds - Sep 29, 2010
- Gen Y women facing increased pressure to have sex early - Apr 19, 2010
- Oz teenagers who engage in 'sexting' could land in jail - Mar 09, 2010
- Facebook profiles can come back to haunt you when applying for credit, jobs - May 05, 2010
- Teens living digital lie by faking age, looks online - Jul 06, 2009
- Kids as young as 3 questioned about kissing, flirting by Oz researcher - May 18, 2010
- New book teaches kids how to 'make bomb and cook CDs in a microwave'! - Feb 02, 2010
- Faster growth during puberty triggers anxiety - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: anal sex acts, child pornography, compelled, cyber bullying, cyberspace, dr carr, dr michael, girlfriend magazine, group sex, internet calling, michael carr gregg, new sex, psychologist, puberty, run through, seriousness, sexual practices, teenage girls, theage, young girls