Interim Govt must be set up with a consensus, says BenazirNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:05 am ICT by admin
Bhutto told reporters that her party could hold negotiations with former premier Nawaz Sharif for seat adjustments.
To a question about a coalition with nationalist parties, she said that the PPP was ready to initiate dialogue with any party that favoured democracy.
Bhutto said that the government had discussed the interim political set up with her, but the issue of caretaker Prime Minister had yet to be discussed, the Daily Times reported.
She said that those opposed to the restoration of democracy were backing extremists, adding that the entire country was facing a security problem and people must support the struggle against extremists to eliminate terrorism from Pakistan.
“Democracy will soon return … the time will come when people get their rights,” Bhutto said.
“Your devotion and commitment has infused a new spirit in me,” Bhutto told about 2,500 PPP workers who gathered at the Sukur Airport to see her off. (ANI)
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Will bring Benazir killers to justice: Nawaz Sharif - Dec 11, 2011
- Musharraf's running from country to country revenge of BB's assassination: Zardari - Jun 22, 2010
- Pak leaders hail passage of 'historic' constitutional amendment bill in National Assembly - Apr 09, 2010
- '10-yr-ban on politics' claim "highly ridiculous" for politically active Nawaz: PML-N - Dec 03, 2010
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- No threat to country's democratic set-up, ready for talks with Zardari: Sharif - Dec 27, 2009
- Sharif refused to quit politics in spite of 'death threats from dictator': Pervaiz Rasheed - Nov 21, 2010
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- PML-N urges political parties to sign 'Charter of Pakistan' to save democracy in Pak - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: benazir, bhutto, caretaker, coalition, consensus, democracy, devotion, extremists, initiate, interim, nationalist parties, nawaz sharif, negotiations, new spirit, ppp, prime minister, reporters, seat adjustments, security problem