Inter Milan cancel Adriano’s contractApril 24th, 2009 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Milan, April 24 (DPA) Inter Milan Friday rescinded the contract of Adriano after the Brazil striker recently failed to return from international duty.
Inter said Adriano’s contract with the Serie A team had been ended with effect from April 1.
“Inter’s appreciation goes to Adriano for the eight years and 74 goals we lived through together,” the club said on its website.
After the last international break, Adriano, 27, failed to board a scheduled flight for Italy on April 3 and did not communicate his decision to his agent and Inter.
He then announced from Brazil that he was taking a break from football and cut off contact with coaches and teammates for three days.
Adriano is said to have suffered from alcohol problems and depression over the past two years, during which Inter allowed him periods of rest in Brazil.
- Adriano signs with Flamengo - Aug 22, 2012
- Adriano cleared to resume training - Aug 21, 2012
- Apologetic Adriano receives warning - Sep 05, 2012
- Former Brazilian striker Adriano released from hospital - Apr 15, 2012
- Adriano can revive career with Flamengo: Zico - Apr 02, 2012
- Adriano to have surgery on left foot - Apr 07, 2012
- Corinthians settle legal battle with Adriano - Jun 03, 2012
- Corinthians to make Pato offer at end of season - May 11, 2012
- No decision yet on Adriano, says Flamengo president - Apr 21, 2012
- Adriano to begin practicing with Flamengo - Mar 24, 2012
- Flamengo still eyeing Adriano return - Aug 16, 2012
- Corinthians chasing AC Milan striker Pato - Apr 25, 2012
- Diego Forlan set for Internacional debut - Jul 24, 2012
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
- Forlan, Seedorf promise success for new clubs - Jul 08, 2012