Inmates in Oz district roam town, enjoy pornographyFebruary 26th, 2009 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Cairns (Australia), Feb.26 (ANI): Prisoners at the Innisfail’s work camp are reportedly enjoying pornography, mobile phone calls and unsupervised use of a vehicle to roam Australia’s Cairns District, sources have claimed.
Several insiders told The Cairns Post that prisoners had been going into town and other places without supervision.
Corrective Services officers and a dog squad searched the camp recently and are believed to have seized pornographic material and a mobile telephone.
Three prisoners were returned to Lotus Glen prison on the Tableland and one prisoner and his wife are facing charges relating to the search.
A prisoner has been charged with possessing a prohibited item, allegedly a mobile telephone, and his wife with supplying the item.
They are due to face the Innisfail Magistrate’s Court on March 2.
A Corrective Services spokesman said they could not comment on issues before the court.
Several sources told the The Cairns Post yesterday said the site had become a “holiday camp” for inmates. (ANI)
- The Oz prison that serves drugs, porn, pizza perks to inmates! - Sep 01, 2010
- Prison officer charged with supplying porn to inmates - Jul 12, 2009
- Chinese gets jail term for Internet pornography - Feb 17, 2012
- Chinese porn industry in crisis after crackdown - Nov 11, 2010
- Australian prisons face danger of HIV epidemic - Oct 16, 2011
- Indian-origin court clerk caught watching porn during trial - May 01, 2012
- Jail warden held for providing mobiles to inmates - May 06, 2012
- Indian-origin lawyer who smuggled drugs into prisons faces jail - Mar 07, 2012
- Cyclone Yasi to hit Queensland town - Feb 02, 2011
- New content control rules leave netizens sore - May 11, 2011
- Canadian prisoners to pay more for room, phone calls - May 10, 2012
- 52 mn pirated, porn publications seized in China in 2011 - Jan 06, 2012
- TVs for prisoners in Australia - Mar 03, 2011
- First art workshop outside prison for Alipore jail inmates - Feb 21, 2012
- Venezuela doesn't believe it needs more jails - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: cairns australia, cairns post, corrective services, district sources, holiday camp, inmates, innisfail, insiders, lotus, magistrate, mobile phone, mobile telephone, phone calls, pornographic material, pornography, prisoners, spokesman, supervision, tableland