Injury hit Bracken and Hopes to miss IPLMay 8th, 2009 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, May 8 (IANS) Australian cricketers Nathan Bracken and James Hopes will miss the second edition of the Indian Premier League due to knee injuries.
The two were among the six Australians who were to fly to South Africa after their side’s final match against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Thursday. Bracken plays for Rajasthan Royals while Hopes is a part of Kings XI Punjab.
Australian team doctor Trefor James said Bracken and Hopes should be rested so they are completely fit for the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup in June.
“While these injuries were not of a severity that rule them out of the final Twenty20 clash against Pakistan, it has been decided that a period of rest and rehabilitation over the next two to three weeks will be the best preparation for both the players ahead of the Twenty20 World Cup in England,” James was quoted as saying in the Sydney Morning Herald.
The rest of the Australian players, including Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, Brett Lee and David Hussey, will join their IPL teams as planned.
- Injured Watson, Hopes and Bracken to miss IPL (Lead) - May 08, 2009
- Harris, Starc dropped from Windies tour, Haddin recalled - Feb 29, 2012
- Lee in Australia's preliminary squad for World Twenty20 - Feb 26, 2010
- Lee, Watson make it to Oz Twenty20 squad - May 05, 2009
- CA drops David Hussey, Bracken and Clark from contracted players list - Apr 07, 2010
- Bollinger a casualty of Lee's Ashes campaign - May 06, 2009
- Lee, Watson, Symonds in Australia's Twenty20 World Cup squad - May 05, 2009
- Lee, Watson, Symonds in Australia's Twenty20 World Cup squad (Lead) - May 05, 2009
- Johnson lucky to get a Cricket Australia central contract - Jun 22, 2012
- No room for both Tait and Lee in Oz WC squad - Jan 14, 2011
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Lee named in Australian Twenty20 World Cup squad - Mar 30, 2010
- Symonds in prelims squad for T20 World Cup - Apr 03, 2009
- Watson asks fellow players to clear their names - Oct 12, 2011
- Ponting aside, Oz tour selectors face batting order debate - Oct 24, 2009
Tags: Andrew Symonds, australian cricketers, brett lee, clash, david hussey, final match, knee injuries, morning herald, nathan bracken, premier league, royals, severity, shane watson, six australians, sydney morning herald, team doctor, trefor, twenty20 world cup, uae, united arab emirates