Injuries reported after D.C. freight train accidentNovember 5th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) — A freight train was involved in an accident in Washington, D.C. on early Friday morning, emergency officials said, injuring several people.
DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) said the accident happened just after 9 a.m. EDT along 2nd Street Northeast, which is near Union Station. A spokesperson said several people were injuries.
A spokeswoman for the DC Metropolitan Police Department also confirmed the accident, saying it involved a non-passenger train. She did not know how many people were injured, or what had happened.
- Several injured after freight train, empty passenger train collide in Washington, D.C. - Nov 05, 2010
- Suspicious package, white powder found at Israeli Embassy in D.C. - Aug 05, 2010
- Passenger train derails in Washington, D.C., no reports of injuries (Update) - Feb 12, 2010
- Dozens injured after trains crash near Johannesburg - official - Sep 10, 2010
- Authorities investigate suspicious package near the White House - Jan 10, 2011
- Three arrested after D.C. mass shooting leaves 9 injured - Mar 31, 2010
- Scores injured after trains collide head-on near Johannesburg - Sep 10, 2010
- Eight hurt after brawl at Washington, D.C. metro stations - Aug 08, 2010
- Nearly two dozen seriously injured in Staten Island, NY ferry crash - May 08, 2010
- Strong earthquake strikes the U.S. East Coast, widely felt - Aug 24, 2011
- Hoax bomb threat at US airport - Jun 20, 2011
- Massive emergency response in D.C. for plane in distress - Feb 28, 2011
- UTair passenger plane crashes in Siberia, killing 31 - Apr 02, 2012
- Five die in Pakistan train collision - Aug 30, 2011
- Caribbean Airlines passenger plane crashes at Guyana airport - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: bno, emergency medical services, emergency officials, ems, freight train, friday morning, metropolitan police department, passenger train, spokesperson, spokeswoman, train accident, union station, washington d c