Injured Tiger Woods pulls out of Wells Fargo ChampionshipApril 27th, 2011 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 27(ANI): American golfer Tiger Woods has been ruled out of next week’s Wells Fargo Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina, because of a minor injury to his left knee and Achilles’ tendon.
Woods said he suffered the injury while hitting a shot in the third round of the Masters on April 9.
The former World No.1 did not say when he might return, but hoped to be back in a few weeks.
“I personally contacted [Wells Fargo] tournament officials and expressed my regret in not being able to play,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Woods, as saying.
“This is an outstanding event, but I must follow doctors’ orders to get better,” he added.
Woods had won in Charlotte in 2007, and had not finished worse than 11th in four appearances until a year ago, when he missed the cut. (ANI)
- Tiger Woods on comeback trail after dropping out of top 50 - Oct 04, 2011
- Woods to take a fortnight off to 're-evaluate' things - Apr 12, 2010
- Tiger Woods believes swing change restores 'fun' in his game - Apr 13, 2011
- 'Gentleman' Woods adds two more tournaments to playing schedule - Apr 22, 2010
- Tiger Woods ready to swing again - despite divorce rumors - Apr 16, 2010
- Montgomerie expects Tiger Woods finish in top five at Augusta National - Apr 07, 2011
- Woods and McIlroy to face-off in China - Aug 29, 2012
- Quail Hollow Championship was a walk in the park for Woods - Apr 29, 2010
- Woods' 281-week reign as World No.1 to end on Sunday - Oct 27, 2010
- Woods says he can win Augusta, aiming for gold standard of Jack Nicklaus - Apr 06, 2011
- 'Willing' women give Tiger Woods 'come on over' calls at Oz Masters! - Nov 11, 2010
- Tiger Woods' niece, Cheyenne, wins ACC individual golf title - Apr 19, 2011
- Oz punters in betting frenzy with arrival of Woods for Australian Masters - Nov 12, 2009
- Tiger Woods Likely To Make A Comeback To Golf In Two Weeks - Feb 04, 2010
- Tiger Woods comeback deadline tonight - Feb 12, 2010
Tags: achilles tendon, american golfer, charlotte north carolina, doctors orders, golfer tiger woods, left knee, masters, morning herald, sydney morning herald, tiger, tournament officials, wells fargo