Infertile Brit woman’s shock as suspected ulcer turns out to be babyJuly 17th, 2010 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 17 (ANI): A woman in Britain was left stunned when the cause of her stomach pain turned out to be a baby boy instead of a suspected ulcer.
Lisa Witchalls, 27, who had been told by her doctor she was unlikely to ever have kids, asked her boyfriend to call an ambulance after she was crippled by agonising stomach pains.
She arrived at the hospital convinced that she had an ulcer, but upon examination she was found to be nine months pregnant.
She delivered baby Reece four hours later by caesarian, and he weighed 7lb 4oz.
“To go to hospital thinking it was an ulcer and come out with a baby is crazy,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“I was in shock and I couldn’t believe he was mine. It has taken me some time to get my head around that I’m a mum. If a doctor tells you that you cannot have kids you do not question it,” she stated.
Lisa, of Romford, Essex, was told after undergoing fertility tests last year that she was unlikely to have a family because she only has one ovary.
When she got to hospital a monitor revealed the baby had a problem with its heartbeat so doctors decided to deliver it immediately.
“First of all I was just happy I was pregnant but then I was told I actually had to give birth straight away. I went through so many emotions,” she said.
“My nan who died in February, always said I’d have kids one day. I always thought she was being a typical gran but she was right,” she added. (ANI)
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- British soldier gives birth during Afghanistan deployment - Sep 20, 2012
- Brit woman's 'cyst' was actually a baby boy - Dec 04, 2010
- In Brazil, baby's head accidentally torn off during delivery - May 20, 2012
- Brit mum saves baby by refusing to end pregnancy on doctors' advice - Apr 11, 2011
- In rare case, woman delivers after ovarian tumour surgery - Feb 22, 2011
- 12-year-old on school trip delivers baby - Mar 30, 2011
- Gastric band helped Brit mum lose 16st and gain 7lb bundle of joy - Nov 29, 2009
- Woman achieves motherhood after 14 miscarriages - Mar 07, 2012
- UK's heaviest baby girl weighs 12 pounds - Feb 17, 2012
- Brit woman didn't know she was pregnant until baby arrived in the bath! - Nov 24, 2010
- Imogen Thomas says that she was hysterical about her baby scare - Aug 14, 2012
- Andhra woman delivers on road - Apr 09, 2012
- Inmate Has Son after Sneaking Sperm out to Wife - Aug 14, 2012
- First ovarian transplant helps woman bear two kids - Feb 25, 2010