Indonesian maid accused of violently attacking her bossMarch 1st, 2009 - 11:50 am ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, March 1 (DPA) A Malaysian woman suffered a fractured skull and ribs, and had to have nearly 100 stitches, claiming she was attacked by her Indonesian maid, news reports said.
Phang Kian Huang, 42, claimed that her maid had entered her room early Thursday while she was asleep and began attacking her with a wooden stool.
“She left and came back with a knife and started slashing. I pretended to lose consciousness,” Phang was quoted as saying by the Star daily Saturday.
Phang, whose left ear was almost severed in the attack, alleged that the maid then returned a third time and threw a stone mortar at her, fracturing her skull and several ribs.
She said she managed to call for help when the maid later left to collect Phang’s children from school.
“She pretended as if nothing had happened and told the police that I was a robbery victim. She had messed up my house and acted as if someone had ransacked the house for valuables,” Phang said.
Phang said the maid, who had been working with her for 21 months, was possibly angry over an argument the two had the day earlier, the report said.
Police have remanded the maid for a week for questioning.
While local reports of Malaysian employers abusing or mistreating their maids are relatively common, stories of vicious attacks by maids are rare.
Official records showed that by mid-2007, more than 30 percent of the 2 million registered foreign workers in Malaysia were maids, many of them Indonesians or Filipinas.
- Guard, maid rob employee's house - Feb 20, 2011
- Hiring illegal maid lands UAE Indian expatriate sponsor in a fix - Mar 24, 2011
- Family of Iranian woman to be stoned refused prison visits - Aug 28, 2010
- Abhishek injured again, fractures finger - Sep 25, 2011
- Two jailed in UAE for sex out of wedlock - Mar 12, 2012
- Singapore woman spends two-and-a-half years on toilet seat - Jan 24, 2012
- Briton gouges out girlfriend's eyes - Apr 13, 2012
- Malaysian girl dies during exorcism ritual - Aug 07, 2012
- Saudi employer accused of hacking off Indonesian maid's lips - Nov 24, 2010
- Maid faces beheading in Saudi Arabia for killing boss who 'tried to rape her' - Mar 04, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Andy Carroll paid thousands in compensation to woman he attacked - Nov 14, 2010
- Man insured wife two days before killing her - Feb 25, 2012
- Pakistani woman hurls acid on husband's second wife - Dec 13, 2010
- US model Jessica White sees story of her own arrest on firm's elevator TV - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: 21 months, boss, consciousness, foreign workers in malaysia, fractured skull, kuala lumpur, left ear, maids, malaysian employers, malaysian woman, march 1, news reports, ribs, robbery, stitches, stone mortar, third time, vicious attacks, wooden stool