Indonesian Islamic group wants death for graftNovember 15th, 2011 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, Nov 15 (IANS/AKI) An Islamic group in Indonesia has said people convicted for corruption must be sentenced to death, or “at the minimum have their hands cut off”.
Islamic Defenders Front patron Habib M. Riziq said Tuesday he would fully support the death penalty for graft convicts.
He termed it “ridiculous” that Indonesia was debating whether or not to award corruption convicts with sentence cuts for good behaviour in prison.
“In Saudi Arabia corruption convicts’ hands are cut off, in China their heads are cut off, in Indonesia corruption convicts have their prison terms cut… I don’t understand,” he said.
- Indonesian cleric jailed for 15 years for terror acts - Jun 16, 2011
- Men more corrupt than women: Ex-Indonesian president - Feb 11, 2012
- Drug trafficker executed in Iran - Dec 13, 2011
- Six jailed for offending Oman sultan on Facebook - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia - Sep 05, 2012
- Indonesia blocks 1 mn porn websites before Ramadan - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistani beheaded for heroin trafficking in Saudi Arabia - Jan 31, 2012
- Iranian 'adultress' to be executed Wednesday - Nov 02, 2010
- Italy wants an end to capital punishment - Oct 11, 2011
- Haj pilgrimage cost to drop in Indonesia - Jun 16, 2010
- Two hanged in Iran - Oct 25, 2011
- Mubarak refuses food, medicine in prison - Jun 04, 2012
- Ukrainian, two Israelis get life term in Egypt - Mar 13, 2012
- 16 terror suspects held in Indonesia - Jun 13, 2011
- Italian magistrate arrested in mafia crackdown - Nov 30, 2011