Indonesia takes charge of Sukhoi crash probeMay 16th, 2012 - 3:05 am ICT by IANS
Jakarta, May 16 (IANS) The Indonesian government will take control of the investigation into the Sukhoi Superjet 100 crash that killed 45 people, and Russian teams will have their movements limited, an Indonesian official said.
There are three Russian teams — one to help search for and evacuate victims and wreckage, one to help identify the victims and one to help investigate the accident.
The teams comprise 68 personnel including rescue and missions specialists and psychologists for the victims’ relatives, RIA Novosti reported.
“All of these teams are under the coordination of relevant institutions of Indonesia,” vice presidential spokesman Yopie Hidayat was quoted as saying by the Jakarta Post.
He said the Russian teams had not met with any difficulties in carrying out their tasks in Indonesia.
All 45 people on board the Superjet 100 were killed when the plane slammed into a steep side of Mount Salak near Jakarta shortly after take-off on a demonstration flight May 9.
A search operation for the victims’ bodies continues despite difficult weather and terrain at the site of the crash. Indonesian aviation officials have said the investigation of the crash may take up to a year.
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
- Flight recorders found in crashed Sukhoi - May 14, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- 12 bodies brought out of crashed Sukhoi - May 11, 2012
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Russian plane carrying 44 people goes missing near Jakarta - May 09, 2012
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Russian plane goes missing in Indonesia - May 09, 2012
- Tribals find crashed chopper, Khandu's mutilated body (Night Lead) - May 04, 2011
- FIFA bans, fines Indonesian coach - Apr 20, 2012
- Heartbreak of search and rescue at Himalayan heights - Oct 19, 2011
- India's higher education is 'world standard': Indonesia (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: aviation officials, coordination, crash probe, demonstration flight, difficult weather, indonesian government, indonesian official, jakarta post, missions, mount salak, novosti, presidential spokesman, psychologists, relevant institutions, russian teams, search operation, steep side, sukhoi superjet 100, victims relatives, wreckage