Indonesia eyes more investment from ChinaMarch 26th, 2012 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 25 (IANS) Indonesia invited Chinese enterprises to increase their investment, said a joint statement released here Sunday as Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono wrapped up a three-day state visit.
The Indonesian side encouraged China’s enterprises to participate in augmenting the industrial capacity in Indonesia, and said it will continue creating conducive investment atmosphere for foreign investors, including those of China, reported Xinhua.
Indonesia also expected that Chinese enterprises “invest more in Indonesia’s mining industry,” and briefed China on its efforts to improve the management of its mining resources.
The statement said the two sides agreed to continue to promote the role of bilateral energy forum, gear up efforts to further solidify and expand cooperation in oil and gas, mining and electricity, and actively explore cooperation opportunities in new and renewable energy.
China reaffirmed its commitment to participating in Indonesia’s infrastructure development projects, especially in the Master Plan on Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesia’s Economic Development from the year 2011 to 2025.
Both side were “delighted” to note that the two-way trade volume had increased steadily in the past few years, and were “optimistic” that the target of $80 billion bilateral trade value by 2015 could be accomplished, said the statement.
The two countries will step up efforts to realise smooth, balance and sustainable two-way trade relations, according to the statement.
The Chinese side also appreciated Indonesia’s continued support towards China’s Yuanwang scientific instrumentation ship sailing into designated Indonesian sea areas to carry out TT&C; (Telemetry Tracking and Command) support for China’s Compass navigation satellite launch missions.
- Indonesia, China reach $17 billion cooperation deals - Mar 24, 2012
- India, Indonesia upbeat on $25 bn trade by 2015 - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia sign double tax avoidance pact, set $25 bn trade target (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, 10 other pacts (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia to set $20 bn bilateral trade target - Jan 08, 2011
- China, Indonesia vow to boost ties - Mar 24, 2012
- Indian firms showcase products in Indonesia - Mar 06, 2012
- ASEAN pledges to cooperate against terrorism - May 09, 2011
- India, Indonesia to sign extradition treaty, other agreements - Jan 21, 2011
- India, Indonesia announce establishment of Eminent Persons' Group - Jan 25, 2011
- India to invest $12 billion in Indonesia - Jan 24, 2011
- Indonesian president arrives, $15 bn deals on the way - Jan 24, 2011
- Indian, Indonesian business chambers sign 16 MOUs - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia to enhance bilateral cooperation in combating terrorism - Jan 25, 2011
- ASEAN Summit begins in Indonesia - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: bilateral trade, china beijing, chinese enterprises, chinese side, compass navigation, cooperation opportunities, energy forum, foreign investors, indonesian president, infrastructure development projects, mining industry, mining resources, navigation satellite, president susilo, s enterprises, sea areas, ship sailing, susilo bambang yudhoyono, target, trade volume