Indo-Pak talks on conventional, nuclear CBMs on Oct 18, 19November 14th, 2007 - 2:15 am ICT by admin
Sources said that two separate teams of experts led by Foreign Affairs Ministry officials would visit New Delhi to hold talks with Indian experts.
Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, the Director General for South Asia at the Foreign Affairs Ministry, will lead the first team, which will include five officials, mainly from the Foreign Office, the Daily Times reported.
This team will hold talks on conventional CBMs with Indian officials led by TCA Raghvan, the Joint Secretary for Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran on October 18.
The other team will be lead by Additional Secretary (United Nations) Khalid Aziz Babar. It will hold talks on nuclear CBMs with Indian officials on October 19.
It will have at least five officials, including the Director General for South Asia at the Foreign Affairs Ministry and senior officials of the Strategic Planning Division (SPD). K C Singh, the Additional Secretary (International Organisations), will lead the Indian side.
Two officials from the Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi, including High Commissioner Shahid Malik, will also take part in the talks, the daily added.
The two-day meeting, which will be the fifth round of talks on convention and nuclear CBMs, will focus on modalities to improve the level of trust between India and Pakistan in the field of non-conventional weapons.
The last round was held in April 2006 in Islamabad. (ANI)
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan talks on CBMs Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- India, Pakistan experts to meet over nuclear CBMs - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan exchange n-facilities list (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- India, Pakistan to discuss conventional, nuke CBMs Monday - Dec 22, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up new cross-Kashmir CBMs - Jul 18, 2011
- India, Pakistan extend nuke accidents risks accord - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: babar, border crossers, cbms, conventional weapons, director general, experts, foreign affairs ministry, high commission, indian officials, islamabad, khalid aziz, ministry officials, New Delhi, pakistan, peace dialogue, planning division, shahid malik, South Asia