Indo-Pak talks on CBMs from October 18November 14th, 2007 - 2:10 am ICT by admin
The two nuclear powers will hold vital talks at the level of experts on conventional and nuclear CBMs in New Delhi in the third week of October, said a senior official requesting anonymity here.
He said that during the talks, it is expected that the two sides would ink the agreements on speedy return of those people crossing over both the terrestrial and sea borders inadvertently.
Talking about the return of inadvertent violators of the border, the official said is a humanitarian issue.
“Both governments acknowledge that presently an agreement is being negotiated, and we hope this would be signed at the earliest,” he added.
The official said groundwork had been completed on the second agreement about prevention of incidents at sea that could result in conflict like situation between the neighbouring countries.
The official said that the talks with New Delhi on conventional CBMs would be held on October 18 and on nuclear CBMs would be held on October 19.
According to official, the last round of talks on nuclear as well as conventional CBMs were held in April 2006 in Islamabad.
The forthcoming talks, he added, would review the implementation of the CBMs already agreed upon.
He said apart from reviewing old and already agreed upon CBMs, Pakistan and India are also expected to discuss some new proposals.
He said that Islamabad and New Delhi would hold second meeting on anti- terrorism mechanism in New Delhi on October 22, a few days after the conclusion of CBMs talks, The Nation reported. (ANI)
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan extend nuke accidents risks accord - Feb 21, 2012
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan to discuss conventional, nuke CBMs Monday - Dec 22, 2011
- India, Pakistan exchange n-facilities list (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- India, Pakistan experts to meet over nuclear CBMs - Jul 05, 2012
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- Pakistan says will cooperate with India in Mumbai probe (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan talks on CBMs Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- Manmohan meets Bhattarai, pushes for tax pact - Nov 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: agreements, anonymity, cbms, forthcoming talks, groundwork, humanitarian issue, inadvertent, inadvertently, incidents, indo, islamabad, neighbouring countries, New Delhi, nuclear powers, october 19, prevention, sea borders, speedy return, violators