Indo-Pak relations have never been this good in the last 60 years: Pak Foreign OfficeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
Sadiq said that India and Pakistan’s internal political situations would not affect the dialogue, and added that there is no instability in Pakistan.
The peace process was moving slowly because of the complex nature of the bilateral ties, he said.
“But we would like to speed up the peace process, especially the talks on Kashmir,” Sadiq added.
Commenting on a reported statement by Bryan Hunt, the US Consul General in Lahore, on Pakistan’s political situation, Sadiq said if it was proven that Hunt had made such a statement, it would be considered against diplomatic norms and the matter would be taken up with the US Administration.
He said that Iran had not asked for Pakistani assistance about the reported kidnapping of a Japanese student, but Islamabad would be happy to help if a formal assistance request is made.
“Pakistan would fully cooperate with Iran and Japan if asked,” he said.
He also said that talks on the Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) gas pipeline were moving in a positive direction, the Daily Times reported. (ANI)
- Indo-Pak composite dialogue on March 28-29 in Delhi - Mar 04, 2011
- Qureshi to contact Krishna to set dates for talks - May 05, 2010
- Indo-Pak composite dialogue to resume from March 21 in New Delhi - Mar 02, 2011
- Zardari, Manmohan may meet on sidelines on Turkmenistan summit this weekend - Dec 09, 2010
- Khar wants result oriented dialogue on Kashmir - Jul 26, 2011
- India not serious on composite dialogue, alleges Pakistan - Oct 28, 2010
- US asks Pak to pull out of Iran gas pipeline project to qualify for extensive assistance - Jan 14, 2010
- Talks a step forward: Qureshi - Jun 24, 2010
- China likely to replace India in Iran-Pak gas pipeline project - Feb 06, 2010
- Pak terms 'cricket diplomacy' meeting with India as win-win situation for both nations - Apr 01, 2011
- Gas from TAPI likely to flow in five years: Official - Aug 18, 2012
- PM heads for Tehran NAM summit, meeting with Ahmadinejad - Aug 25, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani hail positive talks with India - Jul 30, 2011
- Gilani speaks to political leaders on New Delhi talks - Jul 27, 2011
- IPI on backburner, India hopeful of TAPI by 2015 - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: assistance request, bilateral ties, bryan hunt, composite dialogue, consul general, gas pipeline, india and pakistan, india relations, ipi, iran pakistan, japanese student, muhammad sadiq, office spokesman, pakistan india, peace process, political situation, political situations, positive direction, reported statement