Indo-Pak relations are improving: Mushahid HussainNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:46 am ICT by admin
He said Pakistan under the leadership of President Pervez Musharraf took major initiatives and in addition to resolution of other disputes, laid focus on resolution of core issue of Kashmir through dialogue.
He further said that there was no breakthrough on the core issues betwwen the two neighbours due to Indian intransigence.
Sayed made these observations while talking to a delegation of Royal College of Defence Studies, UK, at the Parliament House.
Sayed briefed the British team on Pakistan’s foreign policy, especially Pakistan-India relations, regional cooperation and war on terrorism.
He said after 9/11 the issue of terrorism came to the limelight and Pakistan had to suffer the backlash of events in Afghanistan, as its President and Prime Minister became the targets of suicide attacks.
Underlying the need for a policy review by the Western countries, Sayed pointed out that the observations and comments about Islam emanating from some leading figures of Western countries widened the credibility gap between the Muslim countries and the West.
Sayed opposed the use of force for resolution of issues, the Daily Times reported.
He welcomed the proposal put forward by Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai for initiating dialogue with moderate forces in Afghanistan including the Taliban for peace in the region. (ANI)
- Pakistan ready to train Afghan Army, police: Qureshi - Jan 20, 2011
- No communication gap between Pakistan, India on outstanding issues: Gilani - Dec 29, 2010
- Kashmir issue is for India and Pakistan to resolve: Mullen - Apr 21, 2011
- India, Pak cannot afford war : PML-Q Secretary-General - Feb 02, 2010
- Pakistan wants cordial relations with India, says Ashraf - Aug 15, 2012
- India ready to host Pakistan's foreign minister in July - Jun 24, 2011
- Talks must resolve all Pakistan-India issues: Gilani - Apr 23, 2012
- Pakistan should get over its obsession with India: Daily - Aug 16, 2011
- Khar wants result oriented dialogue on Kashmir - Jul 26, 2011
- India, US discuss Syria, Iran, UN reforms - Aug 22, 2012
- Pakistan welcomes 'revival of composite dialogue', wants Kashmir resolved - May 04, 2010
- India, Pakistan discuss 26/11, Samjhauta, CBMs on Day 1 (Second Intro Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Manmohan must visit Pakistan' - Jul 17, 2012
- Kashmir not on agenda during Gilani's India trip - Mar 29, 2011
- Krishna's stable Pakistan message encouraging: Daily - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, core issue, core issues, credibility gap, defence studies, dialogue, india relations, indo, intransigence, leadership, mushahid hussain, muslim countries, neighbours, pakistan india, president hamid karzai, president pervez musharraf, regional cooperation, sayed, terrorism, western countries