Indo-Pak dialogues won’t be affected by Pakistan’s internal affairs: AslamNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:53 am ICT by admin
She said security experts from the two countries would work on cooperation to prevent terrorism at the forthcoming meeting.
“It will be an opportunity to see how information sharing can help both the countries to prevent terrorism,” Aslam said.
However, she refused to comment on proposals to be discussed at the ATM meeting, saying, “Our purpose is to curb terrorism by information sharing.”
Commenting on opening of the Siachen glacier, Aslam said: “India is not opening Siachen for international tourists as it only took a group of cadets to the glacier.”
She said Pakistan had given India workable proposals to solve the Siachen issue and that the proposals were even practical at present.
“We agreed to solve it in 1989 but India went back,” she said.
Aslam also said that the two countries would hold a meeting on conventional confidence-building measures (CMBs) on October 18 and on nuclear CBMs on October 19 in New Delhi.
She said that officials of the two countries would review previous CBMs and discuss new proposals in the meeting, adding that four rounds of talks would be dedicated to conventional and five to nuclear CBMs.
Aslam said both countries were expected to sign two agreements: ‘Inadvertent Border Crossers’ and ‘Prevention of Incidents at Sea’ soon. (ANI)
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan to discuss conventional, nuke CBMs Monday - Dec 22, 2011
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- Highlights of India, Pakistan joint statement - Jul 27, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- 'China cannot be a factor in India-Pakistan dialogue' - Jun 22, 2011
- India, Pakistan talks on Siachen end - Jun 12, 2012
- Day 2 of talks: India and Pakistan discuss Kashmir - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan to fight terror in 'new era' of ties (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan experts to meet over nuclear CBMs - Jul 05, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: atm, border crossers, cbms, cmbs, confidence building, dialogues, inadvertent, India, indo, information sharing, internal affairs, international tourists, New Delhi, office spokeswoman, pakistan, proposals, security experts, siachen glacier, tasnim aslam, terrorism