Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) pledges support for Canada’s athletesNovember 24th, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Ottawa(Canada), Nov.24 (ANI): The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) has committed its support to Canadian athletes competing in the October 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games.
Over the next ten months, the ICCC will support the efforts of the Commonwealth Games Foundation Canada (CGCF) to facilitate the “Dream it in Delhi” campaign - an initiative which will help send approximately 250 Canadian athletes to compete against more than 70 other nations and territories at the XIX Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, October 3 to 14, 2010.
“We are committed to supporting these world-class athletes who will represent Canada at the Commonwealth Games,” said Asha Luthra, ICCC President. “The ICCC and CGC share an important common goal: promoting and improving the relationship between Canada and India. We are proud to support Canadian performance on the international stage, and the strengthening of this relationship through sport.”
On November 20, the ICCC kicked off its campaign for Canada’s athletes at its Holiday Gala Dinner Dance in Toronto.
The ICCC’s donations will contribute to the CGC’s Adopt-an-Athlete program, which covers expenses related to travel and accommodation, medical services, team uniform, and media operations, among other costs. The ICCC joins several companies and organizations that have already made a donation to the program.
“We are thrilled that the ICCC has extended its support for Canadian athletes,” said Krista Benoit, Director of Corporate Development of the Commonwealth Games Foundation of Canada. “This partnership is an obvious fit, and ICCC’s investment in Canada’s athletes will help to contribute to our goal of best-ever performances at the Games in Delhi, India.”
Members of the public are invited to contact CGC or visit www.commonwealthgames.ca for details on how to contribute to the “Dream it in Delhi” fundraising campaign. (ANI)
- Commonwealth Games Canada releases final CWG team list - Sep 20, 2010
- Six-time Olympian, family duos to lead Canadian shooters at 2010 CWG - Sep 16, 2010
- Gymnastics Canada confirms team for Delhi CWG - Sep 16, 2010
- 'Free trade pact to boost India-Canada trade' - Nov 18, 2010
- More athletes, officials arrive for Commonwealth Games - Sep 26, 2010
- 1100 athletes arrive in Delhi: Canada set to welcome boxers, lawn bowlers in Village - Sep 30, 2010
- CWG athletes advised to stay within security bubble of Games venues - Sep 24, 2010
- India real force to reckon with during Delhi CWG: England chef de mission - Oct 02, 2010
- Canadians take part in Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Jan 17, 2011
- Canada stands by India, says terrorism is 'alive and active' - Jul 14, 2011
- Angry Canada hints at pulling out of Games - Sep 22, 2010
- IITian's million dollar gift for India centre in Canada - Jun 02, 2011
- Canada's flag bearer for 2010 Commonwealth Games "an inspired choice" - Sep 20, 2010
- No team jerseys outside CWG venues for England, Canada, NZ - Sep 27, 2010
- Canada's Rugby Sevens squad ready to hit the pitch at Delhi CWG - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: benoit, canada chamber of commerce, canadian athletes, canadian performance, chamber of commerce, common goal, commonwealth games, delhi india, dinner dance, foundation canada, fundraising campaign, gala dinner, iccc, indo canada chamber of commerce, international stage, krista, media operations, ottawa canada, team uniform, world class athletes