India’s Navayuga Engineering enters UAE marketJune 15th, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 15 (IANS) Leading Indian construction firm Navayuga Engineering Co (NEC) has entered the United Arab Emirates (UAE) market with the ground-breaking ceremony of a water-front project by Abu Dhabi’s leading master developer Tamouh Investments. Senior managers of NEC and Tamouh took part in the ground-breaking ceremony for Sector 3, Plot 13 project of the City of Lights at Al Reem Island, 600 metres off the Abu Dhabi coast, an NEC statement said.
“With real estate projects worth over 1.71 trillion dirhams ($465.5 million), Abu Dhabi is the forefront of the region’s construction sector,” Navayuga Group joint managing director C. Sridhar said in the statement.
“Abu Dhabi, therefore, provides a perfect fit for NEC in our overseas expansion. Several master-developers have launched skyscrapers and NEC has extensive expertise in undertaking piling and foundation works for skyscrapers,” he added.
The City of Lights is a mixed-use community set on a waterfront oasis. Covering 101 acres of land, the project includes commercial and residential properties including hotels, offices, residences and retail space.
The Plot 13 project on Sector 3 comprises five towers and a podium with single basement and car park.
Navayuga Group’s director of finance M.A. Sattar said that with Abu Dhabi as the company’s growth-platform in the region, NEC would expand to Dubai and Oman by mid-2009.
“Currently, we are fifth in the UAE in terms of equipment and we plan to be second in the country in terms of machinery and equipment by the end of this year,” he said.
The company is targeting a turnover of 800 million dirhams ($217.7 million) by the end of 2009.
Close to 500 professionals and skilled workers are working in NEC’s operations in the country, according to the statement.
Incorporated in 1986 as part of the Navayuga group, the Vishakapatnam-headquartered NEC is focused on pile foundations, diaphragm walls and marine structures like berths, wharves and jetties.
The company’s expertise spans areas such as special foundations, large-diameter bored piles and diaphragm walls, ground improvement techniques, industrial structures, roads and bridges.
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE constructs village for Mongolian Muslims - Jul 12, 2011
- UAE, US discuss educational cooperation - Oct 04, 2011
- UAE central bank approves budget for 2012 - Nov 24, 2011
- UAE, Sweden eyes close energy ties - Oct 24, 2011
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- UAE charity delivers food aid to Yemen - Jul 08, 2012
- UAE central bank announces increase in money supply - Mar 28, 2011
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- Abu Dhabi gas company signs contract with India's L&T; - Dec 20, 2011
- Land deals up by 550 percent in UAE - May 26, 2010
- UAE group to launch Iftar Project in 50 countries - Jul 20, 2012
- Kuwaiti developer launches housing project on UAE island - Apr 13, 2010
- UAE's GDP to grow by two percent in 2010 - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: al reem island, city of lights, construction firm, construction sector, diaphragm walls, director of finance, estate projects, foundation works, ground breaking ceremony, growth platform, marine structures, master developer, master developers, overseas expansion, pile foundations, sattar, sector 3, sridhar, united arab emirates, waterfront oasis