India’s ICICI bank launches financial centre in GermanyFebruary 28th, 2008 - 11:30 pm ICT by admin
Frankfurt, Feb 28 (DPA) India’s ICICI Bank launched its German operations Thursday by opening a branch in the financial centre of Frankfurt. ICICI said it aimed to attract high-value private clients through its investment instruments, as well as become involved in financing trade between India and Germany.
“Germany, as Europe’s largest economy, is an important step in the international expansion strategy of ICICI Bank,” Chief Executive K.V. Kamath said in Frankfurt, according to a release from the bank.
ICICI Bank, India’s second largest bank by assets, is represented in 19 countries.
Its launch in Germany, originally intended for November last year, was delayed by negotiations with the German financial supervisory authorities.
According to its website, ICICI has subsidiaries in Britain, Russia and Canada, as well as branches in the US, Belgium, Singapore, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Qatar and Dubai.
It has representative offices in the United Arab Emirates, China, South Africa, Bangladesh, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.
ICICI Bank is listed in India on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange and its American depositary receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- K.V. Kamath to head Infosys (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- K.V. Kamath named Infosys chairman (Second Lead, correcting date in Para 2) - Apr 30, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam ADRs start trading over-the-counter - Oct 14, 2010
- Kamath, the force behind ICICI's rise (Profile) - May 01, 2011
- Mexican phone giant delists from foreign exchanges - Dec 21, 2011
- Can Kamath, the risk taker, change the de-risking mindset in Infosys? (Comment) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Germany to get first Islamic bank in October - Aug 30, 2012
- ICICI Bank quarterly net profit rises 31 percent - Apr 27, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam Fails To Meet The NYSE Deadline - Sep 29, 2010
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam merger with Tech Mahindra likely next year - May 23, 2011
- ICICI Bank board approves swap deal for Bank of Rajasthan - May 23, 2010
- Gulf stock markets fall as Libyan crisis deepens - Feb 23, 2011
- Sensex remains choppy; ICICI Bank, M&M; rally - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: adrs, american depositary receipts, bank chief, bombay stock exchange, chief executive, dpa, germany germany, icici bank india, international expansion strategy, investment instruments, k v kamath, launch, national stock exchange, new york stock, new york stock exchange, private clients, representative offices, supervisory authorities, united arab emirates, york stock exchange