India’s growth rate to be 9 per cent in 2010-11, says Dr. Manmohan SinghFebruary 28th, 2010 - 9:23 pm ICT by ANI
By Naveen Kapoor
Riyadh, Feb.28 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, presently undertaking a three-day State visit to Saudi Arabia, on Sunday said that despite the global economic slowdown India will achieve over seven percent growth rate in the current financial year and will get back to nine percent growth rate in 2010-2011.
Addressing the council of Saudi Chambers here, Prime Minister Dr. Singh said that despite the global economic slowdown India “will achieve over seven per cent growth rate in the current financial year and will get back to nine percent growth rate.”
Dr. Singh was here received by Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Commerce and Industry Abdul Rehman Ali Reza and vice chairman of the council of Saudi Chambers of Commerce.
Sixty nine Saudi Arabia delegates and 35-member Indian business delegation, under the chairmanship of Saroj K. Poddar, attended the meeting.
The bilateral trade between India and Saudi Arabia is worth 25 billion dollars and Saudi Arabia fulfils 20 percent of India’s energy needs.
Indian Prime Minister has urged the Saudi business community to enter into a comprehensive energy partnership.
He said that Indian companies are well-equipped to participate in upstream and downstream oil and gas sector projects in Saudi Arabia.
Dr Singh also invited Saudi entrepreneurs to explore investment opportunities in India. (ANI)
- India, Saudi Arabia crucial for global financial restructuring:PM - Feb 28, 2010
- India seeks Saudi investment in infrastructure - Jan 05, 2012
- India's economic growth dips to 9-year low of 5.3 percent (Roundup) - May 31, 2012
- India, S.Arabia businesses to enhance and strengthen business cooperation - Feb 24, 2011
- Saudi Arabia seeks to boost trade, investment with India - Jan 04, 2012
- India to grow 9-10 percent for 25 years, says PM - Mar 01, 2010
- Saudi parliamentary delegation in India - May 07, 2012
- Regional Security on top of Manmohan Singh's Saudi agenda - Feb 27, 2010
- 9 percent growth in 12th plan realistic: Official - Oct 01, 2011
- Manmohan Singh meets Saudi Arabia's Commerce Minister in New Delhi - Nov 26, 2010
- Saudi Arabia educating its women for jobs: Louise Khurshid - Oct 24, 2010
- PM to leave for Saudi Arabia today - Feb 27, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to leave for Saudi Arabia tomorrow - Feb 26, 2010
- Indian economy grows slowest in six quarters (Roundup) - Aug 30, 2011
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Saudi Arabia with vast agenda - Feb 27, 2010
Tags: abdul rehman, ali reza, business delegation, chambers of commerce, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, energy partnership, gas sector, global economic slowdown, indian business, indian prime minister, manmohan singh, minister of commerce, poddar, prime minister manmohan singh, saroj, saudi arabia, saudi business, saudi chambers, sector projects