India’s 60th Republic Day celebrated in LondonJanuary 26th, 2009 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 26 (IANS) Indian High Commissioner to Britain Shiv Shankar Mukherjee unfurled the tricolour at India House in central London to celebrate the 60th Republic Day of India.The unfurling was followed by the singing of the national anthem and patriotic songs.
The function was attended by the officers and members of staff of the high commission along with their family members.
As is the practice, the high commissioner also read out Indian President Pratibha Patil’s address to the nation.
- Republic Day celebrated in Kuwait - Jan 26, 2011
- Independence Day celebrated in Kuwait (With Images) - Aug 15, 2011
- Indians in US celebrate a rainy Independence Day - Aug 16, 2010
- Indian community in US celebrates R-day - Jan 27, 2012
- Indians in Ethiopia celebrate I-day - Aug 15, 2010
- Celebration and introspection... India goes tricolour on 63rd R-Day (Roundup) - Jan 26, 2012
- Indian American community celebrates Republic Day - Jan 26, 2009
- Flag hoisting, anti-graft parades mark Independence Day in US - Aug 16, 2011
- Low key I-Day celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 15, 2012
- Cricket tourney in Israel to mark India R'Day - Jan 27, 2011
- Obama hails partnership as Indians in US celebrate R-Day - Jan 26, 2010
- I-Day: PM to unfurl national flag at Red Fort - Aug 14, 2011
- Indian Independence Day celebrations held in different parts of world - Aug 15, 2009
- Karnataka celebrates Independence Day (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Karnataka celebrates Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: central london, family members, indian high commissioner, indian president, london jan, london london, national anthem, patriotic songs, president pratibha patil, republic day of india, shiv shankar, tricolour