Indian worker kills himself in OmanJuly 10th, 2012 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Muscat, July 10 (IANS) A 30-year-old mason from India, who was reported missing by his friends last week, was found hanging from a tree in Oman’s southern town of Salalah, Gulf News reported Tuesday.
The body of Jisine Govindan was found Monday at a garden behind the old Omantel building in Salalah, said Manpreet Singh, chairman of the Indian Social Club in the city.
Singh said doctors at a morgue have ruled out sending the remains of Jisine to India.
Social workers and his colleagues will cremate him in Salalah once the body is handed over by police, he said.
The deceased, who had been working in Salalah for six years, was scheduled to go home for his marriage. His friends and colleagues said Jisine had been talking about suicide for some time.
This year, at least 15 Indian workers have committed suicide in Oman, the daily said.
- Somali pirates release Vietnamese ship - Sep 18, 2011
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- Oman invites Indian tourists - Jan 24, 2011
- Officials shifted in Punjab's Gurdaspur after violence - Mar 31, 2012
- Antony meets Indian diaspora in Omam - May 18, 2010
- Ritu Beri, Pankaj Udhas to take part in Spirit of India in Oman event in Muscat - Jan 17, 2011
- Indian embassy begins NRI registrations in Oman - Feb 24, 2011
- Bihar rights panel moved over illegal cremation - May 05, 2010
- Indian painter to showcase work in Oman - Apr 04, 2011
- Freed merchant vessel crew safely proceeding to Oman: Government - Jun 15, 2011
- Six jailed for offending Oman sultan on Facebook - Jul 18, 2012
- 50-year-old commits suicide over sleeping disorder - Aug 11, 2011
- Wife, son held for murder of retired government official - Apr 02, 2011
- Oman to allow temple, gurdwara - Nov 24, 2010
- Antony to visit Oman to boost defence cooperation - May 14, 2010