Indian woman who burnt hubbys genitals granted home bail by Oz courtJanuary 9th, 2009 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 9 (ANI): An Indian woman charged with husband’’s murder after allegedly setting fire to his genitals has been granted strict home detention bail by Adelaide Magistrates Court.
Rajini Narayan, 44, was released on bail after an appearance in the court to face allegations she set her husband on fire while he slept after learning he was having an affair.
Narayan has been ordered to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet and live with her mother at suburban Magill.
She will be back in court in February, reports News.com.au.
Magistrate William Ackland also ordered the mother-of-three to accept any psychiatric assessment, monitoring, counselling and treatment considered appropriate.
Prosecutor Lucy Boord remained opposed to bail, saying there were concerns about whether Narayan fully comprehended the result of her actions.
Mr Narayan suffered major burns in the December 7 blaze and was admitted to hospital, but died last week.
Boord said Mrs Narayan told her neighbours she was a “jealous wife” and that her husband’’s “penis should belong to her”.
Mrs Narayan allegedly said: “I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no-one else … I didn”t mean this to happen”.
The fire gutted the family’’s suburban Unley home. (ANI)
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband's penis on fire to be tried for murder - Mar 13, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Woman denies setting fire to husband's genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Indian woman charged with murdering hubby by burning his genitals Down Under - Jan 03, 2009
- Indian-origin wife 'wanted to purify cheating hubby's penis by burning it' - Oct 11, 2010
- Wife in the soup for setting husband''s genitals on fire - Dec 08, 2008
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian man whose genitals set on fire by wife dies Down Under - Dec 28, 2008
Tags: ackland, blaze, boord, counselling, electronic monitoring, having an affair, home detention, indian woman, jealous wife, magill, magistrate, magistrates court, major burns, narayan, neighbours, news com au, prosecutor, psychiatric assessment, rajini, setting fire