Indian woman charged with murdering hubby by burning his genitals Down UnderJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 3 (ANI): An Indian woman who allegedly set her sleeping husband’’s genitals alight in their Australian house has been formally charged with his murder.
Last month, Rajini Narayan was arrested after fire destroyed her family’’s Unley home.
Her husband, Satish Narayan, suffered severe burns and died last Saturday.
It has been alleged that Narayans wife doused his genitals with methylated spirit and then set him on fire about 5.30am on December 7, reports News.com.au.
It is believed a major blaze was sparked at the couples Cleland Ave townhouse in Unley when Narayan jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of methylated spirit.
Narayan suffered burns to 85 per cent of his body. His wife and their three kids, however, escaped unharmed from the burning house.
Rajini, 44, is listed to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday morning on upgraded charges including murder and endangering life. (ANI)
- Indian man whose genitals set on fire by wife dies Down Under - Dec 28, 2008
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Woman denies setting fire to husband's genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Indian-origin wife 'wanted to purify cheating hubby's penis by burning it' - Oct 11, 2010
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband - Oct 13, 2010
- Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband's penis on fire to be tried for murder - Mar 13, 2010
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Indian-origin wife found guilty of manslaughter after burning hubby's penis - Oct 13, 2010
- Wife in the soup for setting husband''s genitals on fire - Dec 08, 2008
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009