‘Indian temples in Malaysia should hold religious classes’May 18th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, May 18 (ANI): Indian temples in Malaysia should conduct religious classes for schoolchildren on their premises, Ipoh Teachers Training Institute lecturer I. Manirajan has said.
Manirajan urged the funded temples to extend necessary financial aid to poor and deserving students, The Star reports.
Emphasizing on the importance of parents and teachers role in student’s life, he said elders should give necessary motivation and direction to children.
Manirajan blamed handphones for diverting Malaysian students’ focus, and advised parents not to purchase them for their children.
Furthermore, he said students who solely focused on their education could easily achieve outstanding goals, bringing honour to their parents and the schools. (ANI)
- Malay Indian temples should also promote community activities - Jul 27, 2010
- Religious groups in Malaysia asked to find ways to increase Indian population - Jul 06, 2010
- Malay Indians call for banks to introduce Tamil in transactions - Jan 21, 2011
- Malay Indian minister calls for setting up libraries in temples - Mar 30, 2010
- Libraries mooted to educate Malaysian Indians - Mar 30, 2010
- Malaysian teen robs own house to pay off porn-MMS debt! - Feb 27, 2010
- Malaysia to help ethnic Indians get official documents - Jan 24, 2011
- Malaysian PM inspired by Tamil poet Bharti - Jun 13, 2010
- India, Malaysia ink six pacts to take bilateral ties forward (Part-I) - Oct 27, 2010
- Malaysia to evacuate citizens from Syria - Jul 22, 2012
- British boy falls to death in Malaysia - Jul 31, 2012
- Hindu temple in Malaysia adopts school - Mar 03, 2010
- Malaysian schools to have sex education - Dec 17, 2010
- Malaysian-Indian teacher granted leave for full trial to quash children's conversion to Islam - Jul 28, 2010
- Students should not be forced to wear headscarf: Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister - Aug 29, 2010
Tags: deserving students, education, elders, financial aid, honour, indian temples, kuala lumpur, lecturer, malaysian students, necessary motivation, parents and teachers, premises, religious classes, schoolchildren, students focus, temples in malaysia