Indian temple becomes first solar-powered edifice in MalaysiaAugust 3rd, 2010 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 3 (ANI): The Sri Maha Mariamman temple in Sungai Salak in Lukut, Negri Sembilan, has become the first solar-powered religious edifice in Malaysia.
The 100-year-old temple, located four kilometers from the main road, could not carry out its prayer sessions effectively due to electricity supply problems.
The temple committee sought the help of Yayasan MyNadi, a non-governmental organisation that advises Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on Indian affairs, to rectify the problem.
The temple had requested for a generator or a solar panel to supply electricity, The Star reports. (ANI)
- Samy Vellu appointed Malaysia's special envoy to India - Dec 13, 2010
- Former MIC vice president offers to unite Malay Indians - May 05, 2009
- Malaysian Indian Congress chief Samy hints he may quit sooner - May 30, 2010
- Malaysian PM assures Indians to resolve problems - Nov 01, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress has new secretary general - Feb 18, 2011
- 'Make pre-marriage course compulsory for Malaysian Hindus' - Sep 05, 2010
- 'Little India' to receive Manmohan, Razak (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Oct 26, 2010
- Malay-Indians begin silver chariot procession - Jan 19, 2011
- Malaysia's 'Little India' to receive Manmohan, Razak - Oct 26, 2010
- Malay Govt. urged to recognise Thaipusam as a national festival - Jan 25, 2010
- Little India lights up to receive Manmohan, Razak (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- 1.7 million throng Hindu shrine in Malaysia - Feb 01, 2010
- Malay PM earns wife's ire with his late night tweeting - May 01, 2011
- Malaysian Indian-led party seeks to join ruling alliance - Jan 10, 2011
- Malay Indian voters to support Barisan Nasional - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: datuk seri najib tun razak, edifice, electricity supply, governmental organisation, indian affairs, indian temple, kilometers, kuala lumpur, negri sembilan, old temple, prayer sessions, prime minister, salak, solar panel, sri maha mariamman, sri maha mariamman temple