Indian teen escapes death from Facebook ”Death Room” gangMarch 5th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Mar 5 (ANI): An Indian teenager has admitted to have escaped death at the hands of a Facebook gang called ”Death Room”, which tortures rich school age kids and extorts money from them.
The boy claimed that it was his cheap mobile phone that saved him from the members of the horrendous gang.
The gang members assumed he came from a middle class family so they would not gain by extorting money from them.
The ”Death Room” gang consisted of three people of unknown nationalities and two Pakistanis.
Sharjah Police arrested the gang members last week, reports The Gulf News.
The gang used to loiter around expensive schools and targeted children from affluent families.
According to the police, the victims were usually between the age group of 12 to 15 years, and the gang members are between the ages of 20 and 25.
The Indian teenager also said that the gripping pictures and footage of young boys being tortured on Facebook by the gang members were quite popular among school age kids. (ANI)
- Fake Maoist gang busted in Odisha - Mar 13, 2012
- 'Indian youths on Sharjah death row could return May' - Feb 22, 2012
- Hope for Indian men on death row in Sharjah - Jul 20, 2011
- We won't pay blood money, say Indians on UAE death row (Third Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- 17 Indian youth on death row in UAE to walk free - Jul 27, 2011
- Fake policemen held in Indonesia - May 03, 2012
- Teenagers take on dacoit, 'Sholay' style - Mar 28, 2010
- Punjab Police arrest nine robbers - Jun 24, 2011
- Blood money paid, three Indians saved from gallows (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- No need for blood money, say families of Indians on UAE death row - Dec 31, 2010
- Indians on death row in UAE refuse to settle case with blood money (Second Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Mexican gangs using kids to smuggle drugs to US - Jan 09, 2012
- 17 Indians on death row to be freed - Sep 12, 2011
- Three crushed to death by train - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: affluent families, age group, cheap mobile phone, death room, facebook, gang members, gulf news, indian teen, middle class family, money, nationalities, pakistanis, school age kids, teenager, young boys